The Student Room Group

Muslims plotting to murder the Queen

Scroll to see replies

Lol people wouldnt do **** to anyone if the queen was killed what is with the big talk?
Reply 21
Original post by Dominic101
Lol people wouldnt do **** to anyone if the queen was killed what is with the big talk?

are you seriously saying if muslims murdered the Queen Brits would do nothing? I think you would be in for a shock it would basically lead to massive social unrest if not complete civil war
Reply 22
Original post by Ace123
The title is accurate muslims have been plotting to murder the queen

Whilst it may be accurate in some ways, it'd be far more correct to say 'terrorists plotting to murder the queen'
Original post by Ace123
are you seriously saying if muslims murdered the Queen Brits would do nothing? I think you would be in for a shock it would basically lead to massive social unrest if not complete civil war

I'm not sure what deluded world you people live in? Maybe yes there would be some civil unrest but people arent going to do **** against muslims apart from the odd xenophobe fresh out the asylum.
Funny old world isnt it?
The head of the state murdered and the state would do nothing? You are probably right.
Yet a simple cartoon of Mo was so dangerous that not one paper, or the bbc would reproduce it for fear of Muslims rioting in the street and people being murdered in revenge.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 25
Hang on a second; you got this information from the Daily Mail, or should I say right wing rag... it doesn't exactly hold the Absolute Truth. I'd take this with a huge pinch of salt if I were you!
Original post by MagicNMedicine

I expect the unpalatable truth for the far right is that, in the event of that attack on the Queen, there would be some small scale outbreaks of rioting from the EDL/BNP types and a few attacks on mosques, but not only would these not be supported by the majority of the British people but also the establishment would be strongly condeming these 'revenge attacks', including all major political parties, and the British judiciary would inflict harsh sentences for anybody that posted hate and threats of violence against Muslims on twitter/facebook.

I think it would be more than a few 'small scale' attacks. That was the aftermath of the Lee Rigby attack- 200 odd reported anti-Muslim incidents and 11 attacks on Mosques. This I imagine would be magnified 100 fold.
Original post by katrina1
Hang on a second; you got this information from the Daily Mail, or should I say right wing rag... it doesn't exactly hold the Absolute Truth. I'd take this with a huge pinch of salt if I were you!
. The Times, The Sunday Times and The Mirror are going with it too.
Interesting.
The Irish will certainly be happy. They themselves would fancy a go at it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SHallowvale
So do you still want to nuke Syria, or what? Why is the queen so important that we must attack the whole of Syria?

(You keep ignoring my questions and respond using very vague statements)

You do realise the Queen is the head of state right?

If the Queen was assassinated, the entire country would be up in arms! I'm of the Republican influence, and even I would be outraged!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by the mezzil
You do realise the Queen is the head of state right?

If the Queen was assassinated, the entire country would be up in arms! I'm of the Republican influence, and even I would be outraged!

She is the head of state but she does not hold any actual power over how the country is governed. So... what's your point? Why would it be important if she died? Why would you be outraged if she died?

Do you really think it is right to go ahead and kill thousands (if not millions) of people just because a tiny percentage of them happened to want the Queen dead?
The comments here remind me of the "Whale whores" episode on South park ie: "Let's blame ALL Syrians for what a minority do" Granted, in that episode, Japan said we support them, but the episode was about misinformation (as well as taking the piss out of some random guy I don't know)

Any way, the point Im trying to make is, just because these guys were trained in Syria, it's not right to bomb the whole of Syria. US logic...

Interestingly, the USA wouldn't bomb the hell out of Ireland, because the IRA was there, but that's another topic
Reply 33
I think the only thing that would stop Britain going off the rails in such an event would be far-right rioting and attacks on Muslims. Britain in the first instance would be seeking revenge at any cost, this would quickly dwindle as the government would be trying its best to stop attacks on muslims within Britain. The government would find it very hard to act in a headstrong way as it would come across as they were together with attacking the innocent.

On a broader scale, I think this would give the West an excuse to attack the Middle-East willy nilly. It would stop us ever trusting the ME and I think the repercussions would last for centuries if not more.

This won't happen, it isn't in the interests of al-qaeda, they would be finished.
Original post by pol pot noodles
I think it would be more than a few 'small scale' attacks. That was the aftermath of the Lee Rigby attack- 200 odd reported anti-Muslim incidents and 11 attacks on Mosques. This I imagine would be magnified 100 fold.

The tell MAMA report has been thoroughly debunked as made up tosh.

The worst that happened was an immigrant killed another immigrant so you can't blame us brits for that

So far we have been rather restrained but an attack like this would push a lot of people over the edge

And the fall out would not be nice.
Original post by Creat0r

On a broader scale, I think this would give the West an excuse to attack the Middle-East willy nilly. It would stop us ever trusting the ME and I think the repercussions would last for centuries if not more.

Have to agree that it would.
Original post by SHallowvale
She is the head of state but she does not hold any actual power over how the country is governed. So... what's your point? Why would it be important if she died? Why would you be outraged if she died?

Do you really think it is right to go ahead and kill thousands (if not millions) of people just because a tiny percentage of them happened to want the Queen dead?

Guess what happened 100 years ago to an unpopular king who "had no power". Then look at the outcome.

You may not be outraged, but millions of people in Britain would. The amount of power she holds is irrelevant. It is the symbolic act.

I'm not commenting on the morality of it, I am not saying if it is right or wrong. I am saying that if the Queen was assassinated, millions of people in Britain and the commonwealth would be outraged and there will be strong repercussions.
(edited 10 years ago)
The problem with these far right fantasists is they think everybody thinks the way they do.

Would the vast majority of British people be outraged at an Al Qaeda attack on the Queen? Yes.

Would the vast majority of British people respond to this by launching revenge attacks on Muslims? No. Not in a million years.

Would the vast majority of British people respond to an Al Qaeda attack on the Queen by supporting a revenge war against a Middle Eastern state? No.

It wouldn't be any different to after September 11th and the London bombings of 2005. A lot of outrage and condemnation but most British people are too sensible to then turn that in to wanting rapid vigilante revenge attacks or even to support foreign wars as can be seen by the generally lukewarm at best support for Blair and the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Of course the far right want to stir people up to attack Muslims, thats what they do. They are always predicting that immigration will destroy social cohesion and lead to civil war, right back from Enoch Powell and his rivers of blood prediction. In practice what you get is some small scale violence that never spreads outside the pockets of right wing agitators.

If there was attack on the Queen even one that killed the Queen then most British people would see this as the acts of a terrorist group and it wouldn't change the way they thought about ordinary Muslims, the ones that went rioting and attacking Muslims would be the ones that hate Muslims anyway and were just wanting an excuse.
Reply 38
Original post by Snagprophet
Well at least we know where we're going to nuke should this scenario occur.

Original post by Old_Simon
Yes we would.

You're both heartless, moronic, vile people. If anyone needs exterminating it's the absolute scum of society with views like yourselves.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by S4LM4N
You're both heartless, moronic, vile people. If anyone needs exterminating it's the absolute scum of society with views like yourselves.

:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending