The Student Room Group

How do I calculate entry requirements ?

I am a South African Bsc Biomedicine student. I really don't understand how to calculate my admission requirements for biomedical sciences in the UK . We work strictly with percentages. I don't understand what's AAA BBA AAB etc. Please help.
Reply 1
A = Highest grade you can get at AS Level
A*= Highest grade you can get at A2 Level

What exactly do you want explained?
Original post by schavan92
I am a South African Bsc Biomedicine student. I really don't understand how to calculate my admission requirements for biomedical sciences in the UK . We work strictly with percentages. I don't understand what's AAA BBA AAB etc. Please help.

Contact the universities you are interested directly. If you are already a BSc student, you are more qualified than the UK applicants with A levels to whom the AAB kind of offer applies and you will have to ask the admissions tutors directly for what they want from you. I doubt you will be the first South African they have ever had applying to them - they will already have an equivalency worked out, but as it's of interest to very few, if any, UK applicants, it's not something many people will know.
Reply 3
Original post by schavan92

So are you doing A-levels but get a percentage not a grade? If so..

A = 80%
B = 70%
C = 60%
Etc as a percentage of ums.
A* is 80% at AS and 90% at A2.

If it's not A-level and your requirements are not listed ring the university. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending