The Student Room Group

Help relapse eating disorder anorexia please!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am 19 and currently suffering from a relapse for quite a while been out from hospital and discharged from any services for about 2 yes but ever since doing a levels which I finished last year I have become in a rut and lost alot of weight, I eat 3 good meals a day but I find myself still sticking to safe foods etc. I just really want to know any helpful sites or any advice in how to cope really and with weight gain, challenging myself etc, I feel so alone and I just don't want to go back to the doctors again, I have been there so many times before. Really I am just looking for people to help me so I don't feel soooo alone thanks xx
Don't feel alone there are loads of people around you who would be willing to help if you talked to them about it! You are more than capable of beating this and getting back on track, you have done it before there is no reason why you can't do it again! Message me if you want to talk about it! Stay strong!
Reply 2
Thankyou soon much I really appreciate it xxx
Reply 3
Is anyone aware of the relapse e.g. mum, teachers?
It might be an idea to go to the doctors, just to check that bloods etc are ok, and that your weight isn't too dangerous...
well done for getting out of hospital and for overcoming the disorder once though. that is a huge achievement, Just think of recovery as a bumpy road. at the moment you've hit a pothole, but there is smooth tarmacked road which lies ahead.
In terms of challenges, try writing a traffic light list of foods: green for safe ones, orange for not so comfortable, and red for huge no nos. gradually try and add in more ornage and red foods - maybe one a week. snacks are also good - in hospital we had 3 meals and 3 snacks a day, and as well as being good for weight gain, it gets your metabolism going and gets your body used to eating more regularly.
hope this helps.
keep going
xxxx
Reply 4
Heya thankyou yeah everyone is aware for the past day or so I've been challenging myself, its just hard dealing with the thoughts but I have recovered before and then I was eating nothing's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ally123x
Heya thankyou yeah everyone is aware for the past day or so I've been challenging myself, its just hard dealing with the thoughts but I have recovered before and then I was eating nothing's

Posted from TSR Mobile

at the end of the day what it comes down to is just eating more and gaining weight again, then you can focus on reducing your stress and finding better ways to deal with it

I honestly think most eating disordered people need to go through a small relapse alone before they will fully recover, you have managed to recover in the past with help so you CAN do it but having had help in the past you may feel like you don't know how to do it alone but you DO, you did it last time, no one made the decision to eat except YOU, so you can do it again now :smile:
Reply 6
Thankyou for support its dealing with the guilt and thoughts x
Original post by ally123x
Posted from TSR Mobile

I am 19 and currently suffering from a relapse for quite a while been out from hospital and discharged from any services for about 2 yes but ever since doing a levels which I finished last year I have become in a rut and lost alot of weight, I eat 3 good meals a day but I find myself still sticking to safe foods etc. I just really want to know any helpful sites or any advice in how to cope really and with weight gain, challenging myself etc, I feel so alone and I just don't want to go back to the doctors again, I have been there so many times before. Really I am just looking for people to help me so I don't feel soooo alone thanks xx

I am far too mentally limping to write you a coherent and helpful answer at the moment however I feel that I need to weigh in here and I just have to tell you that you are not alone.

(I posted this on another thread a while ago:

This time last year I made the decision to stop my disordered eating and to battle this terrible illness. I remember it all clearly i was sat on my bed with my food diary planning my meals trying my best to stay under 100 calories.

I wouldn't say I've completely healed it creeps back every couple of months but I have more energy now and i don't cry as much now. I'll never be perfect or have complete control of my life, I have flaws and I hate my mood swings but at the same time I do fully embrace them as a permanent part about me.

I have now set up an organisation the aim is to spread awareness of ED's as well as mental health and body dismorphia. It's still early days but I hope it can grow. I didn't have anyone talk to I was helpless and paralyazed with fear and shame. And as someone who has battled an ED and other illnesses I can understand why someone would feel that way. If there is someone who is struggling feel free to pm me.

Remember food is fuel. (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Thankyou so much for your support x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest