The Student Room Group
Reply 1
A large industrial city with scope of a British military installation right on the border with Russia.

Let's take it :cool:
Reply 2
I do wonder if Russia would be fine if we were to take it. It is as legitimate as the poll they used.
Reply 3
Original post by curtis871
I do wonder if Russia would be fine if we were to take it. It is as legitimate as the poll they used.

I wonder how they will react when China pulls a similar trick and starts taking large chunks of the China-Russia border region
Reply 4
Original post by Aj12
I wonder how they will react when China pulls a similar trick and starts taking large chunks of the China-Russia border region

I don't think China are at that point yet.
Reply 5
Sounds like a ploy for more immigrants to come to England!

China will take all of Asian Russia. Ha!:cool:
Reply 7

Hurrah. Another British overseas territory. Perhaps we can nab a bit of Poland as well. :tongue:

Original post by Aj12

Had no idea there were any disputed regions between them.
Reply 8
Original post by Rakas21
Hurrah. Another British overseas territory. Perhaps we can nab a bit of Poland as well. :tongue:

There aren't really but there are resource rich border regions that contain more Chinese than Russians
Reply 9
Original post by Rakas21

Sino-Soviet border conflict

Historically the entire Russian-Chinese neighbourhood were Chinese.
Reply 10
Lets take them lads!
Reply 11
Our boys will be no match for the Russian men. Lets not start fights that we can't finish.

You say that, but look at how their relations strained with South Korea, Japan and the US back in the autumn when all anyone was talking about was the Senkaku's and the air zones. The thing is though China have a lot more to lose economically. They have good financial relations with the US and the EU in particular and I don't think they want to risk them.
Reply 13
Original post by Aj12

It was Russia who did that first with Mongolia.
Reply 14
Ukraine...

Are you ready for the finest tea you've ever drank, fish and chips, ale that looks like horse ****, the TV licence fee, the best football league, people moaning constantly about the weather, girls who dress like they live in Hawaii in ice cold temperatures and orderly queuing?

Welcome to freedom.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending