The Student Room Group

Is anyone applying for animation in 2015?

Is anyone here applying for animation in 2015 if so, where? Have you started started working on a portfolio - have you had any related work experience to put on your personal statement?
Hey I haven't applied for 2015 but I'm going this year. Just some advice for your portfolio start as soon as possible, make it varied, at all my interviews they were always happy to see characters i made up and also life drawings. I'm going to Leeds Met.

If you want any advice on anything I'd be really happy to help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by CharlotteElektra
Hey I haven't applied for 2015 but I'm going this year. Just some advice for your portfolio start as soon as possible, make it varied, at all my interviews they were always happy to see characters i made up and also life drawings. I'm going to Leeds Met.

If you want any advice on anything I'd be really happy to help :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Would you be upload your portfolio so I can see what sort of standard I should be around? Also, what was your first choice was it leeds met? What other unis did you apply to?
Reply 3
Original post by Xscape
Is anyone here applying for animation in 2015 if so, where? Have you started started working on a portfolio - have you had any related work experience to put on your personal statement?

Definitely get started on a portfolio. Depending on the type of animation course you are looking for, you may need different types of art, although the main subjects such as life drawing, perspective, colour paintings (digital or traditional), character and environment designs should be relevant to all fields. Photography that shows strong composition and lighting can be good. Realistic sculpture is also useful. Animal drawings are worth doing (there are a lot of animals in animation!). Throw in some 3D Digital modelling if you're looking for a course that uses the software; if you're staying 2D only, show some example animation tests - take one of your characters and get them to do a walk cycle, a run, some other activity - that lot, if done well will get you a lot of interest. Get drawing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest