The Student Room Group

Burning throat and stomach

Bought a salad for lunch which had bits of red onion. Since then my throat has had a burning sensation. Now its feels like both my throat and stomach are on fire! :confused:
Aicd reflex I think. I have a pretty bad case of it but your might just be set off because of the onions. I'd take a glass of milk and let it settle and if by tomorrow, it still hasn't gone, then I suggest getting Gaviscon. If it still continues, go the the GP who will prescribe you drugs which will help :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by stuffsgrooveyman
Aicd reflex I think. I have a pretty bad case of it but your might just be set off because of the onions. I'd take a glass of milk and let it settle and if by tomorrow, it still hasn't gone, then I suggest getting Gaviscon. If it still continues, go the the GP who will prescribe you drugs which will help :smile:

Already tried milk..
Original post by A321
Already tried milk..

Unforuntaely, at this time of the day, there isn't much else you can do considering it most probably is Acid reflux. Try walking just in your corridor or something and from now on when you sleep, sleep with 2/3 pillows so that your night isn't that bad. I get it almost every night and there are times when medicine etc don't do anything so I'm afraid you're going to have to suck it up today and get yourself Gaviscon/checked by GP tomorrow. From now on though, avoid onions/garlic/acidic/spicy/oily food as they are often the cause for this :biggrin:
Reply 4
mix 1 spoon of honey in water and drink it. it will help you a lot.
I have long-term acid reflux, and specific foods can sometimes cause a bout for certain people, which is what it sounds like here.

Things that may help in the short-term:
- I find laying down helps with severe pain but most sufferers say it makes it worse!
- Heat patches/hot water bottles etc are good for severe stomach pain.
- You can buy gaviscon or ranitidine tables/solutions over the counter which can help. Just follow the instructions carefully, if in doubt speak to the pharmacist.
- Yoghurt.
- Making sure you eat small but regularly.
- Peppermint tea.

If symptoms persist visit your GP as they can prescribe better medication if necessary. I take Omeprazole at the moment and find it's the best medication for me.
Reply 6
have you tried what i told you to try?
Reply 7
i think you hav'nt.
Reply 8
Original post by marie4u
i think you hav'nt.

Her problem has got even worse. I know that for sure!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Sounds like Heart Burn. Get a Renie down ya, usually does the trick.
Reply 10
what is Ranitidine?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending