The Student Room Group

Aborted Babies Burned to Heat NHS hospitals

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
'Foetal remains' aren't babies. Don't think of it literally like babies being burnt for energy. I'm also apathetic towards this; they're putting them to use at least.

How can you say something like that?
Maybe I would feel different if I had a child/been pregnant but I too am rather indifferent to this. Under 13 weeks gestation, it's probably smaller than an apple. What are they meant to do with the remains? Give them to the parents in a bag?

At this rate, women will start holding funerals every time they have a period.
Shocking. If they're not going to be buried, they should be cremated in a proper facility.
Reply 63
Original post by James222
Hmmm your clearly insane not wasting anymore time on this debate

That's what people do with rhino horn and some varieties of birds eggs which is why they are so valuable.
Original post by Copperknickers
Shocking. If they're not going to be buried, they should be cremated in a proper facility.

In the most literal and not-at-all sarcastic sense: In what tangible way does it make a difference?
Original post by Viva Emptiness
In the most literal and not-at-all sarcastic sense: In what tangible way does it make a difference?

In what tangible way does not burning the bodies of every dead person in an industrial energy facility make a difference? I trust when your grandparents and parents die, you're going to chop them up and put them into a blender to use as fertiliser for your vegetable garden? They're dead afterall, how would they know?
Original post by Copperknickers
In what tangible way does not burning the bodies of every dead person in an industrial energy facility make a difference? I trust when your grandparents and parents die, you're going to chop them up and put them into a blender to use as fertiliser for your vegetable garden? They're dead afterall, how would they know?

In theory I have no issue with bodies being used for energy, but I suspect you've worded that question in such a hyperbolic fashion so that I've been forced to disagree ( :wink: slightly dishonest, no?).

In any case, I don't see the difference between burning the remains with a pile of other remains, or with a pile of syringes and bandages. Or are you suggesting an individual tiny cremation every time?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Viva Emptiness
In theory I have no issue with bodies being used for energy, but I suspect you've worded that question in such a hyperbolic fashion so that I've been forced to disagree ( :wink: slightly dishonest, no?).

Slightly telling that you disagree with my post, no? Tell me, why do you disagree? Is it for a tangible reason? If not, you can't criticise me for not having a tangible reason. (aside from the distress caused to many religious people who believe that foetuses are babies).

In any case, I don't see the difference between burning the remains with a pile of other remains, or with a pile of syringes and bandages. Or are you suggesting an individual tiny cremation every time?

I don't know, perhaps mass cremation, but not in a waste disposal facility is my point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending