The Student Room Group

Job Interview at the Sea Life Centre - need to bring an item that best describes me!

REALLY NEED THIS JOB. I can't think of any original ideas, so help would be GREAT.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
your goldfish
Nemo
I am clueless as to what to right. Haha. I like reading. I love comedy, been told I am funny. :wink: I can brighten up peoples day. I am charming. I talk allot of reaaal rubbish. I swear like a sailor! I love food. Don't know what to say.. I am vegetarian.

I was thinking take play dough - Because it is colorful and bubbly, like me. It is appealing. You can mold and change the shape of it and create it into new things, so I am flexible and can fit into any shape for the job role. Kids enjoy playing with due to being charismatic?

Don't know! :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Utterly-confused
I am clueless as to what to right. Haha. I like reading. I love comedy, been told I am funny. :wink: I can brighten up peoples day. I am charming. I talk allot of reaaal rubbish. I swear like a sailor! I love food. Don't know what to say.. I am vegetarian.

I was thinking take play dough - Because it is colorful and bubbly, like me. It is appealing. You can mold and change the shape of it and create it into new things, so I am flexible and can fit into any shape for the job role. Kids enjoy playing with due to being charismatic?

Don't know! :frown:

I love the play dough idea! I would go with that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have no idea what that is! But the pomegranate idea sounds good. What do you think about the play dough?
Thanks! It's tomorrow. :frown:
Original post by Sazi007
I love the play dough idea! I would go with that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you sure? Thanks. :smile:
Reply 7
What a retarded hoop to jump you through. I fail to see how asking you to do this helps them distinguish candidates from others in terms of who will be best at the job they're offering.
Reply 8
What about a book? Take a good book, a classic, and say you're like a book, interesting, and timeless? The play dough idea could be seen as childish... Just an idea
Reply 9
I guess it shows imagination? But I agree, it's a bit of a stupid idea.
Reply 10
Original post by zak12345
I guess it shows imagination? But I agree, it's a bit of a stupid idea.

Depends, how much imagination is really required for that job? I'm sure in a fifteen minute interview they must have more important or relevant questions to ask. Getting a job is based too much on luck, someone will answer the question the way the interviewer wants to hear it and get the job despite it not actually demonstrating who was the most appropriate candidate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
A hair clip....

Functional in multiple ways, efficient, adds something to an existing set up. Smart and relevant in appearance.

Seriously, I think what you say about the object in relation to you and how that relates to the job is probably, to a point, more important than the object itself.

Good luck :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Don't bring anything related to the sea... i've seen people bring items that belonged/related to the company and it didn't go down well. The best I heard from my friend was a teabag, he got the job in the end :tongue:
REALLY NEED THIS JOB. I can't think of any original ideas, so help would be GREAT.

Bring a fishing rod!

HA HA!
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Don't bring anything related to the sea... i've seen people bring items that belonged/related to the company and it didn't go down well. The best I heard from my friend was a teabag, he got the job in the end :tongue:

Can you tell me more about the teabag idea please? Is he working at the sea life centre atm? Do you know the assessment stages?

I really need to leave McDonalds, it's HORRIBLE.
Can you tell me more about the teabag idea please? Is he working at the sea life centre atm? Do you know the assessment stages?

I really need to leave McDonalds, it's HORRIBLE.

I don't know anything about the sealife centre and he doesn't work there unfortunately :frown:

I can't remember much but I know they were impressed with his idea which was out of the box unlike other interviewees. I think he compared the teabag to the company and how he would fit in, and how it would go onto to produce something amazing (tea) after being used. But yeah don't pick the obvious thing that other people may do :tongue:
Original post by zak12345
What about a book? Take a good book, a classic, and say you're like a book, interesting, and timeless? The play dough idea could be seen as childish... Just an idea

I assuming most people will bring their phones and books. The play dough idea seems original.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
I don't know anything about the sealife centre and he doesn't work there unfortunately :frown:

I can't remember much but I know they were impressed with his idea which was out of the box unlike other interviewees. I think he compared the teabag to the company and how he would fit in, and how it would go onto to produce something amazing (tea) after being used. But yeah don't pick the obvious thing that other people may do :tongue:

That sounds awesome! What do you think about my play dough idea? Can it be seen as childish?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending