The Student Room Group

PhD funding

Hi I'm new to the forum and I just wondered if you could help me with some information. I have just had my PhD interview for a university advertised project. I was wondering what happens now about funding? Is there a separate application for funding or do I just wait and see if I am successful?
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by Mad wife
Hi I'm new to the forum and I just wondered if you could help me with some information. I have just had my PhD interview for a university advertised project. I was wondering what happens now about funding? Is there a separate application for funding or do I just wait and see if I am successful?
Thanks

There are 3 types of University advertised PhDs:

1: those that have allocated funding. With these they are funded automatically once you get the PhD.
2: competition funded. These there is one pot of funding for say, 3 students and all the PhD projects at the university have to compete for it.
3. Self funded. There is no pot of money and the student has to source funding them self.

So basically what I am saying is it totally depends on what title you applied for and where.
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply, I'll have to go back and check out with the Uni what the situation is. I naively thought because it was an advertised title that it would have funding attached to it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending