The Student Room Group

18 yo girl to be deported & separated from her family

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meenu89
Not signing.

Just signed it on your behalf.

Thanks Meenu.
nobody has a right to a family life if they are a convicted criminal - if you commit a crime, it's irrelevant that you have a family, you must be punished, and if that means to deport them back to their original country, then that's what she'll get. article 8 of the ECHR is completely unreasonable - it negates justice. it excuses injustice for the sake of an unorthodox view that criminals having families means that they can stay here when they ought to be rightly deported.
Original post by CJKay
You make exceptions for one you have to make exceptions for all.

I'm wondering why her family aren't being deported alongside her though.

It seems the reason she gave were not the same as the parents gave

But this is really an odd story

It seems the parents came over first and left them (her and her brother) with family (challenging the argument that she has no family over there) but she had a falling out with an uncle so came to the UK and tried to use this a the reason from claiming asylum.

So it seems they have tried to play the system and the system has said NO.
Reply 23
70,000 sigs already! It was 30k when I made this thread
Reply 24
Original post by Bill_Gates

Thanks Meenu.

rofl :wink::biggrin:
Reply 25
so many jobsworths on this site
Reply 26

Thanks Meenu.

Loled
Original post by Ripper-Roo
so many jobsworths on this site

That's a wrong usage of the word.

Its a shame she has to go back but she has gone through the official channels.
Reply 27
Original post by tehforum
Loled

That's a wrong usage of the word.

Its a shame she has to go back but she has gone through the official channels.

well they support bureaucracy and rigidly following the rules, which equates to being a jobsworth
Reply 28

Thanks Meenu.

meenu is a nickname of mine, it is not my real name.
Original post by meenu89
meenu is a nickname of mine, it is not my real name.

Gosh. 007 over here :wink:
Original post by S4LM4N
rofl :wink::biggrin:

Shouldn't laugh I've reported it to the petition site

If it's confirmed they will scrap it and have to start again

Now that is funny:biggrin:
Reply 31
You could write a sob story for just about any immigrant, what makes this one special?
Signed.
Reply 33
Her being a good student is irrelevant but there are lots of entitled little ****s on here thinking they have the divine right to live in a country with opportunities and high quality of life when others don't.
Original post by Gumperst
Her being a good student is irrelevant but there are lots of entitled little ****s on here thinking they have the divine right to live in a country with opportunities and high quality of life when others don't.

But that's the point, we do have the right.

Sucks for some.
Original post by Gumperst

By entitled do you mean indigenous Britons who this country belongs too ?? Britain is my ancestral, native homeland like it or not and Britons have far more right to this land than anyone else. This is my country, my society and my culture and your go damn right that makes me entitled
Reply 36
Again, why is she being deported alone, why are her family not being deported with her? Difficult situation, it seems so downright cruel to ruin a young person's life like this and treat her like a criminal when her family probably felt like they had no choice, and what on earth is she going to do when she's back in her home country alone? But then of course, she has only been here a couple of years illegally, so difficult to know what to think. I signed it nevertheless, not that it will make any difference.
(edited 10 years ago)
If she entered illegally didn't her family also? This makes no sense.

Anyway, it's pretty pathetic how people signing this pretty much want the entire population of the third world to live here. This can't happen. It makes no sense for it to be allowed to happen. Just because someone can make a sob story doesn't mean they get special treatment.
Reply 38
Original post by Radicalathiest
But that's the point, we do have the right.

Sucks for some.

What did you do to earn that right? **** all. Entitled little ****.
I'm sorry but we can't take in any more foreigners and rightly so....unless they have grounds for asylum which obviously wasn't the case here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending