The Student Room Group

History at Manchester, Birmingham, Sheffield or Southampton??

I am really struggling to choose my first and insurance choice for UCAS and would like some opinions. I am looking to do History and have offers from all 4 of them. They are all AAB grades, except Manchester, which is AAA. I have visited them all, except Manchester, as I am looking to go there soon, and really liked them all. However, I find all the statistics confusing and it's hard to know how to make the right decision so any help would be fab.
All are good. My general advice is to choose the one which has the course content that interests you most.
Always go the uni with the course content you are going to enjoy studying. For example Warwick is supposed to be amazing but they do not do any Medieval history at all there so for a lot of people Warwick is in fact pretty ****.
Lots of good advice here ....... http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/firm_and_insurance_choices

As above - its the course that matters most. It'll be a miserable three years if you hate what you are studying.
Reply 4
Original post by Kthamill
I am really struggling to choose my first and insurance choice for UCAS and would like some opinions. I am looking to do History and have offers from all 4 of them. They are all AAB grades, except Manchester, which is AAA. I have visited them all, except Manchester, as I am looking to go there soon, and really liked them all. However, I find all the statistics confusing and it's hard to know how to make the right decision so any help would be fab.

Manchester.

I choose Manchester and I had offers from all those unis. Never regretted it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending