The Student Room Group

Applying for medicine.

Hey TSR, not too sure as to whether I am on the right part of the forum for this query but I shall post it never the less.
I am currently in the first year of a BSc Biomedical Science degree, achieving around a first at this point in the term, and I have decided that I really want through the graduate-entry medicine route. Now I know this route is VERY competitive, more so then the undergraduate medicine route is, however I have always had a major love for medicine, I just didn't get the grades and I wasn't mature enough to take the course.
Now I would like to ask you, how do I give myself the highest possible chance of getting in?
I have already applied to volunteer at the British Red Cross, and I am soon going to contact my GP and arrange 1 weeks worth of work shadowing, I know that attaining a first throughout my degree will also be very helpful. Anything thing else anyone can think of? Any help is very much appreciated.
x
You'll find this very helpful, and it'll answer most questions you can have about getting into a GEM course!

Otherwise, it's really just the same as what undergrads are expected to do, but at a higher level. More experience in a healthcare setting is expected, for example. Keep in mind you can still apply for A100 at universities that don't offer A101. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending