The Student Room Group

Bt Apprenticeship 2014

Hi I've applied for a BT apprenticeship and was wondering if anyone else has done the same, and if they have heard anything back as so far I haven't?

Scroll to see replies

Hiya,

How's it going? Have you heard anything yet? Have you applied to many other programmes?

Felicity
Original post by Sohail95
Hi I've applied for a BTapprenticeship and was wondering if anyone else has done the same, and if they have heard anything back as so far I haven't?

I have applied and haven't heard anything at all and its been 3 weeks for the service engineer
Reply 3
yea, i applied aswell but they havn'et got back to me. Its been like 2 weeks i think?
Reply 4
Im still waiting to hear from them, I guess they must still be reviewing the applications or maybe there waiting til a certain date, ill keep you updated if I get any feedback
I applied ages ago and only heard back last week saying they a sifting through candidate application forms and they liked what they seen in mine. I haven't heard anything else yet though.
Reply 6
Hopefully this may help you.

I applied for the BT Apprenticeship scheme in October 2013. I heard nothing until around about the time they started their big recruitment drive. I received an email on 11/04/14 telling me that they are now reviewing applications and like what they see, not sure if this meant much though. A few days after that email, I received a further one which invited me to their recruitment day at Adastral Park, I live closest to this one.

I attended my recruitment day on 23/04/14 and am currently waiting to hear back from them about that. A few at my school applied and a couple have been declined by telephone in recent days so I am hoping for the best.

I do think that the recruitment days vary between which location you are applying to so if you haven't heard anything back just yet, you may still be alright. (I waited 6 months to hear anything!).
Reply 7
I had a hub day for the service engineer apprenticeship on 16/04/14 at Sevenoaks and got an e-mail Tuesday saying I have been successful and that contracts will be emailed out asap. Baring in mind I was on a reserve list from last years intake so the hub day was more of a re-check my qualifications are still valid and that I was still interested. Didn't have to have another interview but well happy now
Reply 8
Hey all, i had an interview for bt openreach apprenticeship 4 weeks ago. was told to expect a reply within 3-4. still havent heard nothing not even to be told unsuccessful. anyone got any info/experience on this or what to expect? thanks
Reply 9
Original post by jto
Hey all, i had an interview for bt openreach apprenticeship 4 weeks ago. was told to expect a reply within 3-4. still havent heard nothing not even to be told unsuccessful. anyone got any info/experience on this or what to expect? thanks

I haven't had any experience with the Openreach apprenticeships but about 2 weeks after I had my interview, I got the call saying I had been successful. People who were declined had calls about 4 days before everyone else.

As you're dealing with a different side of BT that I did, the time it takes them to get back to you may be different. The best of luck anyway!
Reply 10
Original post by Jambofun
I haven't had any experience with the Openreach apprenticeships but about 2 weeks after I had my interview, I got the call saying I had been successful. People who were declined had calls about 4 days before everyone else. As you're dealing with a different side of BT that I did, the time it takes them to get back to you may be different. The best of luck anyway!

Joined to see if I can help...

I'm a current BT apprentice, although I'm not with Openreach, the BTAT (BT Apprenticeship Team) are based within Openreach OUCs and handle the apprenticeships for almost the whole of BT (Finance may be different) so the experience, should be pretty much the same for all LOBs.

All I can say about the interview and recruitment process is just be patient, the wheels of such a large organisation can move very very slowly. My recruitment process seemed to take forever however if you need further information you should have a contact who you can speak to in order to find out how your application is progressing.

Any questions give me a shout.
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi all. I live in Broadstairs Kent and i applied for the delivery service engineer role back in march. I received an email saying that they were impressed but haven't heard anything since about a hub day ect. Any advice?!
Hey Tom.

We might have been at the same hub day if you went for the afternoon session. Glad to hear that you where successful. I got the email too a while back and was wondering if you've got anything through, e.g. Your contract or a letter or something.

I haven't had anything what so ever apart from that email so was just wondering if you have....

kind regards
Matt
Original post by MattGobey
Hey Tom.

We might have been at the same hub day if you went for the afternoon session. Glad to hear that you where successful. I got the email too a while back and was wondering if you've got anything through, e.g. Your contract or a letter or something.

I haven't had anything what so ever apart from that email so was just wondering if you have....

kind regards
Matt

I emailed them yesterday to ask when the contracts will be sent out and they said "they will be some time yet" so don't think we will hear anything for a whole yet.
Original post by uktom91
I emailed them yesterday to ask when the contracts will be sent out and they said "they will be some time yet" so don't think we will hear anything for a whole yet.

Cheers Tom. I was panicking a little so good to know that it'll be little while.
Original post by MattGobey
Cheers Tom. I was panicking a little so good to know that it'll be little while.

No worries, let me know if you hear anything as it seems we'll most probably be on the same intake :smile:
Hello guys, I have been invited to the Adastral Park Hub Day on the 17/06/14 and was wondering if any of you guys can tell me what to expect as I am absolutely bricking it. I was wondering if we have to do any maths/English tests on the day or what sort of questions are they going to ask me. I tried to push the date back to have more time to prepare and I have been told that this is the last one. If anyone here could help me out it'd much appreciated!
Reply 17
Original post by CharlotteH93
Hello guys, I have been invited to the Adastral Park Hub Day on the 17/06/14 and was wondering if any of you guys can tell me what to expect as I am absolutely bricking it. I was wondering if we have to do any maths/English tests on the day or what sort of questions are they going to ask me. I tried to push the date back to have more time to prepare and I have been told that this is the last one. If anyone here could help me out it'd much appreciated!

I've been to two hub days, 1 as a potential recruit and 1 as an organiser / general dogs body to get paperwork etc although never at Adastral and only for Operate (Now called TSO).

As a disclaimer this is from my experience and may not be replicated across all hub days.

First thing is to do some research into BT, it's competitors (not just phone, this of all it's markets such as TV, Broadband etc) some of the services it runs such as the backbone of all the mobile phone networks etc. Try and find out a bit of info about the various "LOBs" or lines of business (open reach, TSO, Wholesale etc).

Second is to turn up early and smartly dressed with ALL the paperwork they ask for, proof of right to work, qualification certificates etc. Expect to do a fair amount of waiting around, you may also have to register with security and be issued a temporary pass so take this into account when working out when to arrive.

The first thing that happens is you hand in your paperwork so it can be photocopied and wait... You wait until everyone is there, there will be current and former apprentices around to "babysit". There will also be various managers (not just from the apprenticeship team but often from the teams looking to actually take on the apprentices after the apprenticeship) and apprenticeship coaches.

You'll then go into a room where you are group assessed until about lunch time - team building, a bit of history about BT and some Q&A about what people know about BT, during this time you need to stand out without being overbearing. Teamwork plays a massive part of BT and the apprenticeship, I wouldn't have got through some of the apprenticeship without significant amounts of help from people, but also BT are looking for people who are capable of working on their own without constant oversight.

After lunch the group will be split into two, one group gets sent home immediately - thanks but no thanks. The second group does a little more group work and then onto individual interviews, generally with 2 BT staff members. This is far more like a standard interview "tell me a time when, what do you see yourself doing in 5 years time, what do you think of...". You may find some of them come across quite rude in the interview, this is a tactic - DON'T RISE TO IT!

There is also a colour blindness test, this is generally given to everyone even though your role may or may not require it.

One thing to note, just because a lot of the people around are "only apprentices" and a lot of the time it's very informal you are still being watched and evaluated from the time you arrive to the time you leave. Apprentices will be asked to provide feedback on you and others in the group, this may or may not be taken into account but it is asked for.

I'm guessing you are female from your userID. You may find you are the only female at the hub day, please don't let that put you off. BT's staff numbers are disproportionately male but that doesn't mean women don't have the same opportunities as men. Many of the really successful apprentices are women.
Reply 18
Had my interview exactly 2 months ago now. Still no reply... eugh
Reply 19
Hi guys got my assessment day this friday and was wandering what kind of presentations you did?
Thanks in advance :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending