The Student Room Group

If you were worried that your family would disapprove of/worry about your regime

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
have your family actually said they disapprove? I can't tell how much of this is just you being paranoid and convincing yourself they think things that they actually don't, because you do that a lot. As for the question, I wouldn't be. It isn't their business. Maybe if they were seriously concerned I was going overboard and damaging my health or ignoring other aspects of my life I would discuss it with them, but apart from that it is nothing to do with them.
Reply 41
Original post by lucaf
have your family actually said they disapprove? I can't tell how much of this is just you being paranoid and convincing yourself they think things that they actually don't, because you do that a lot. As for the question, I wouldn't be. It isn't their business. Maybe if they were seriously concerned I was going overboard and damaging my health or ignoring other aspects of my life I would discuss it with them, but apart from that it is nothing to do with them.

Mum said yes but why protein shakes because they cost a **** ton; Dad said yes but why bulk you don't need to gain weight.

I have acceptance by them.to exercise like any other kid, not as much to diet or train
Reply 42
Original post by Riku
Mum said yes but why protein shakes because they cost a **** ton; Dad said yes but why bulk you don't need to gain weight.

I have acceptance by them.to exercise like any other kid, not as much to diet or train

those are both valid things to question, just explain your reasoning. even if they still don't approve they are not going to be that bothered. I mean seriously what is the worst that could happen? They are not going to disown you over it, at the very most they might demand you stop buying protein shakes as it is an unnecessary expense whilst you are still unemployed.
Original post by Riku
How would you get around that? How would you explain it to them? Would you bother?
Would you check it was ok with them to go ahead before doing it? How would you handle the lack of support if there were none? Would you go ahead and do it anyway?

What possible reasons are there for a young adult to be concerned by what his parents think of what he's doing/need to ask them before doing it?

Hey, I understand you, 'cause my parents would make a big deal out of it and make fun of me. So just talk to them and say that you know its good for your health... and if anything then just gym in secret or something

Quick Reply

Latest