The Student Room Group

G484: OCR Physics A Unit 4 - 11th June 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Taffs12
Aw, don't worry I'm sure it's just nerves. You still have time. I get really worried too. I stopped looking at this unit for a bit because I was focussing on the others and am also getting worried now. You just need to think of it logically I guess. It's a good unit in the aspect that you can imagine the situations realistically.

What are your plans tomorrow? What kind of revision works best for you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah same i spent a lot of time on psychology and chemistry lol. and yeah that's true, i always forget to think logically in the exam and then i realise i overlook the most simple solutions lol.

i have a psychology exam tomorrow too so trying to split my time evenly. i'm going to do a couple of physics past papers and probably just go over my notes making sure i understand everything. what about you?
Reply 61
Do people find reading the examiner's reports helpful?
Those questions involving KWh, whats the method in solving them?
The mark scheme always seems contradictory to what I've been taught?
Reply 63
Also, can anyone tell me where to find all the papers that aren;t on the OCR website, as in the ones before jan 2010?
Original post by Shuster
Also, can anyone tell me where to find all the papers that aren;t on the OCR website, as in the ones before jan 2010?

fizx.wikidot.com
Original post by BradMD_96
Those questions involving KWh, whats the method in solving them?
The mark scheme always seems contradictory to what I've been taught?

1 KWh is the energy used by a 1KW device when it is powered for 1 hour.

There are 3600 seconds in 1 hour (60x60)
1 KW means 1000 Joules per second
So 1 KWh is a measure of energy equal to 3 600 000 Joules. (3600X1000)

I think that's all right.
Original post by HoratioMG
Made a quick spreadsheet of all the grade boundaries I could find

Hope this helps!

Thanks.
Reply 67
Same. I'm just going to do some papers and go over definitions, I'm starting to worry now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can I ask what are the experiments that can come up, is it only the SHC and the one about the pendulum swing?
Original post by EmmaBxoxo
Can I ask what are the experiments that can come up, is it only the SHC and the one about the pendulum swing?

Experiments that can come up are:

Measuring the specific heat capacity for a solid or liquid

Some SHM related experiment (measuring period, frequency, etc.)

Showing Brownian Motion (This is the one which involves smoke particles and a microscope)

I think they could also ask about a spring system maybe? In the context of energy changes or SHM?

That's all I can think of. In my opinion it's better to revise general context than to memorise a specific experiment, but whatever works for you. Just keep it simple and bullet point the answer if it helps.
Reply 70
Original post by pen15
physics more like **** you am I rite

Edit: No but seriously did anyone else get 53NIS for the final ratio????

How wasit!? Was there a lot on gasses and thermal! What did you think? Hope it went okay..

what was it mainly based around? Just wondering?
Kill physics. I despise physics after that exam. I've failed. Looks like I'm not going to university :biggrin:
Reply 72
Bit of sci fi in there haha I think the exam was okay.. a bit dodgy in places. Took me a while to find the density in last question, 0.56 anyone?
Reply 73
Original post by pen15
physics more like **** you am I rite

Edit: No but seriously did anyone else get 53NIS for the final ratio????

Ratio was 0.556/1.3 or something like that, I realised coming out the exam

Anyone else feel that was a harder than normal exam? I think I may have just ****ed up my chances of getting into Uni, that was hard.
Original post by Amzith
Bit of sci fi in there haha I think the exam was okay.. a bit dodgy in places. Took me a while to find the density in last question, 0.56 anyone?

yes I got 0.555, BUT didn't have time to do the very last bit
Original post by Amzith

Got the same :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 76
Original post by Amzith

Thankfully yes.

I must have lost a good 12 to 15 marks and I need a high A in this
Thoughts on todays paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
That's good about the density :biggrin: I think most people have found this exam really hard so I'd imagine that the grade boundaries will significantly drop.
Original post by Amzith

I got 0.56✌️✌️

Quick Reply