The Student Room Group

Exam anxiety

I am in my first year of a Zoology degree and I have my exams in a month. I have finished all my lectures now and am feeling a bit overwhelmed with the amount I have to remember. I have actually been revising a lot of the material throughout the year but still have a bit to go through. I have organised all of my revision notes and am trying to figure out the best and most efficient way to go about remembering it and am also trying to up my motivation over my anxiety at the same time. I have not had exams in a while as I came from college and therefore think that is adding to my anxiety. Even though this first year is only 10% I want to prove to myself that I can get a good grade at this level. I need to find a good revision method as I don't think I will remember enough in time due to the way I go about doing things (re-writing slides etc.). I just want to do well and am feeling a bit stressed, is a month a good amount of time to prepare? Also are there any really good revision techniques for remembering material at this time?
Reply 1
As a zoology graduate I have to say that cue cards and revising in groups wot friends got me through.
Reply 2
Nip
OP
Original post by redferry
As a zoology graduate I have to say that cue cards and revising in groups wot friends got me through.

Yeah I have been using a combination of cue cards, diagrams, reading through lecture slides and there are some revision sessions planned later on in April. I feel that the overwhelming desire not to do badly is just getting in the way of actually concentrating on my work. Calming myself would probably be the best thing to do but it never proves to be an easy task. Thanks for the help.
Reply 3
Original post by Nip
Yeah I have been using a combination of cue cards, diagrams, reading through lecture slides and there are some revision sessions planned later on in April. I feel that the overwhelming desire not to do badly is just getting in the way of actually concentrating on my work. Calming myself would probably be the best thing to do but it never proves to be an easy task. Thanks for the help.

Sounds stupid and lame but try meditating. I also found audio books of relevant material to listen to while I fell asleep a really good way of passively revising,
Reply 4
Nip
OP
Original post by redferry
Sounds stupid and lame but try meditating. I also found audio books of relevant material to listen to while I fell asleep a really good way of passively revising,
Yeah I may use audio books actually as I think that might help. I have designed a timetable. I am going to do 4 lectures worth of material everyday for 4 hours for one of my modules and also look over the past papers for that subject on the same day. I hope by organising myself now I will have greater concentration and less fear. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending