The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Nursing at the University of York 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by woody0454
Yeah pretty much. If you have an unconditional offer then you can apply from the 6th August but until then You might as well just get stuff you need together. Which accommodation/college are you wanting? I keep thinking I still need to send off more stuff but no idea what!

This link should help with dates:

http://www.york.ac.uk/about/departments/support-and-admin/accommodation/newprospectivestudents/undergraduates/september2014applicants/#tab-3

Ahh, cheers for that! I had a read through it all yesterday, so I'm a bit clearer. It just feels like there's something more that I should be doing! I'm not sure which college, what are you thinking? I need to get myself together, haha! I'm just waiting for some certificates to come through, so I'm hoping my offer will be unconditional soon :smile:
University of York
York
Reply 101
Im the same, I have done basically everything apart from buy placement shoes etc! I also am finding it hard to chose which college will be best for me, its really between Alcuin, James or Constantine (just because its new) Hehee. Started to buy some things in which is exciting! Anyone else made a final decision on their accommodation? I've also got a unconditional offer so will be applying on the 6th August...not long :/
Original post by ailic91
Im the same, I have done basically everything apart from buy placement shoes etc! I also am finding it hard to chose which college will be best for me, its really between Alcuin, James or Constantine (just because its new) Hehee. Started to buy some things in which is exciting! Anyone else made a final decision on their accommodation? I've also got a unconditional offer so will be applying on the 6th August...not long :/

Where did you end up applying to live?! I've been offered a room in James college :smile:
Hey all,

Start date is fast approaching!! Just curious if anyone is attending the Welcome to Nursing at York day on the 15th September?

Would be a good chance to meet a few people before the course starts on the 29th!

Mike
Reply 104
Original post by MikeWallis
Hey all,

Start date is fast approaching!! Just curious if anyone is attending the Welcome to Nursing at York day on the 15th September?

Would be a good chance to meet a few people before the course starts on the 29th!

Mike

Hi yep i will be attending, hoping to meet others there too =)
Will any nursing students be living off campus?
I will be living off campus but only because I've been living in York for the past 3 years already.
I will be living off campus but only because I've been living in York for the past 3 years already.

Is that living as a student.
because I have been given an offer for university accommodation but I just don't think its worth the price £480 a month for a standard room. Thats almost half a grand and I still have to share a bathroom and a fridge with 6 +others. I am looking for private accommodation and the uni isnt really helping much.
I am looking for a house share, particularly with 1st year nursing or medical students. If anyone knows where I can find this please post or message me. I have already checked the facebook page, their isnt anything there. I have also checked some letting agents, but I would prefer to rent a house with students on the same course as me.

Please tell me if you know anything, I am really desperate.
Thanks
Original post by 1concretejungle
Is that living as a student.

Technically yes. But no. I'm starting Adult Nursing Year 1, but own my own house in York (Been working the last 10 years!!).

I'll have a look around for you in the local press etc and see if there is any local York info on this. I also know a lot of doctors/nurses in York, i'll ask them too as they might know of something from their time studying. Will get back to you ASAP.

Mike
Just a thought, but have you thought about creating a 'looking for yr 1 nursing/medical student housemates' thread. Might get some results.
Just a thought, but have you thought about creating a 'looking for yr 1 nursing/medical student housemates' thread. Might get some results.

Thanks for your help:smile:
I have to agree with you guys, £500 odd per month for a room in halls just sucks! I've accepted my offer just because I wanted to be sure I had somewhere to live, but that's a bloody lot of money for students to fork out. I currently live in Cambridge, and even sharing a private room here is less per month! 😱
Yeah I know what you mean. The only reason I'm in halls is because I was told they recommend 1st year students to live together. Plus just found out my temporary accommodation is extra so need to pay out an additional £250+. At least this way I can find decent house mates for next year. I couldn't decide between Alcuin and James college myself but went for Alcuin in the end.

Quick Reply

Latest