The Student Room Group

Spanish ca!!!

hey i have to do a spanish writing piece on my work experience using past ,present and future tense. really need some help :smile:thanks:smile:x
Reply 1
Original post by chattycabbage
x

I'd recommend sketching some ideas out for what you want to say in English first - so think about the interesting parts of your work experience! Most CAs are quite short, so don't go overboard, just get an idea for the basics.

Then, I'd also jott down some of the basic vocabulary that you're comfortable and familiar with - also really important here is to look at any (marked!) work you've done (even if it has nothing to do with work experience).

(As for specifics, I think the ideas are pretty basic. You can talk a lot in the past tense when talking about what you did, and then for present tense either consider something you're doing the relates to it, or if you think that NOW you feel as if you have changed in some way because of the experience. As for the future tense, I think the best stepping stone to take would be to say "I really enjoyed working for XXX - so in the future I would like to work in the XXXindustry (or say you hated it, so you don't want to work there in the future).

Now, it's up to you to combine these as best as you can. Once you've got the script down, it's important to check the spelling with a dictionary, and (if you can) get someone who is decent at Spanish to check it over for you. A good tip here would either be a family member, or a family friend, or an older student who is doing A-Level, or even one of your schoolfriends (you can offer to check each others work!)

If none of these work for you, maybe I could take a look at it :smile: (But you don't want my really rusty spanish haha).
Reply 2
ok shall i post the english version up??:smile:
Reply 3
ok shall i post the english version up??:smile:

I do trust your English to be correct :tongue:

Has your teacher provided an outline of the CA? For example, bulletpoints or a checklist of what she/he wants you to include (such as the past/present/future tenses?) :smile:
Reply 4
no she hasn't :smile: here it is ,its a bit rubbish and i need to change the english so it will translate better and sound a bit more natural :smile: I think it sounds a bit too formal,and anything u think i should add add it because it doesn't have to be true.Do u have any ideas of what i could say for the future tense?? like should i make up a job i want to do ??:smile:
Here it is :smile:

I went to Christ The King primary school for my work experience. I wanted to go there because I found the idea of teaching primary school children appealing at the time. The experience was interesting and challenging and it gave me a good insight into the life of a primary school teacher. I had to be at school ready to start by 9am and i finished at 3.30pm each day.

I found the whole experience enjoyable and hard work. I began the week in year 1.I was asked by the teacher to help the children with some of the paintings . This was good as it allowed me to use my artistic skills with the children .This enabled me to see the classroom from a different perspective.

While i was there Year 3 in the juniors were preparing for an assembly and I was asked to help the teacher to make some of the props.

I also helped file some of the children’s work which showed me how much organisation was there is in teaching . Working in Year 2 allowed me to use my creative skills as the children were working on a project and I was asked to help small groups with ideas and materials to use. I really enjoyed this part as i felt I had real responsibility.

Not all of my experience was positive . When I was helping out in Year 1 a little girl was sick on the floor. This was difficult to deal with because the smell was really horrible and made me feel like being sick. The teacher began to clear up the mess and I was asked to calm the little girl down.

Overall I think the experience was positive and I felt I gained a lot from the week. It gave me a good insight into teaching and working with young children.

Reply 5
Its got to be 300 words :smile:
Reply 6
no she hasn't :smile: here it is ,its a bit rubbish and i need to change the english so it will translate better and sound a bit more natural :smile: I think it sounds a bit too formal,and anything u think i should add add it because it doesn't have to be true.Do u have any ideas of what i could say for the future tense?? like should i make up a job i want to do ??:smile:
Here it is :smile:

I went to Christ The King primary school for my work experience. I wanted to go there because I found the idea of teaching primary school children appealing at the time. The experience was interesting and challenging and it gave me a good insight into the life of a primary school teacher. I had to be at school ready to start by 9am and i finished at 3.30pm each day.

I found the whole experience enjoyable and hard work. I began the week in year 1.I was asked by the teacher to help the children with some of the paintings . This was good as it allowed me to use my artistic skills with the children .This enabled me to see the classroom from a different perspective.

While i was there Year 3 in the juniors were preparing for an assembly and I was asked to help the teacher to make some of the props.

I also helped file some of the children’s work which showed me how much organisation was there is in teaching . Working in Year 2 allowed me to use my creative skills as the children were working on a project and I was asked to help small groups with ideas and materials to use. I really enjoyed this part as i felt I had real responsibility.

Not all of my experience was positive . When I was helping out in Year 1 a little girl was sick on the floor. This was difficult to deal with because the smell was really horrible and made me feel like being sick. The teacher began to clear up the mess and I was asked to calm the little girl down.

Overall I think the experience was positive and I felt I gained a lot from the week. It gave me a good insight into teaching and working with young children.

In my opinion you've talked a bit too much about the actual work experience. I like the 2nd last paragraph story though - that's quite unique :tongue:

But yes, probably too much past tense here. The last lines can be changed to present by saying "After doing the work experience I have found that I understand what it means to be a teacher better". Likewise for future I think the line "now I do/don't want to be a teacher because overall I did/didn't enjoy it" is the easiest one. You could also add in something like "in the future, I think I will have more respect for how hard my teachers work".

You're totally right about the wording though - just change it so you are confident the Spanish makes sense. Are you currently in the process of translating?

(Again, if you cut this short then lose a paragraph on talking about the work experience).

I think it sounds okay right now - to make it more informal just add some cool descriptions.
If you want to bring in some more colourful vocabulary then perhaps talk about a fire alarm that went off and everyone panicked? It's important to think about what you can do with your Spanish that would be more creative and then just change the story to fit that :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
ok thanks,yeh im trying to translate it now :smile:
Reply 8
Anything else you'd change ??:smile:
Reply 9
Anything else you'd change ??:smile:

To be honest what I'd change would mostly be due to my Spanish. So if one of the sentences was awkward to translate, just drop it or think of a better one.

But if you want a really basic checklist:
At least 2 present tense verbs, at least 2 future tense verbs, quite a lot of opinions and descriptions, what you learned from it, a few interesting points on what happened during the experience.

It looks pretty good now though - have you got someone you know who'd help with it personally? Having a (smart) classmate have a look (you can also look at theirs to make it fair) is a nice idea :smile:
yeh i will find someone :smile:thanks 4 ya help :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending