The Student Room Group

Grade Boundaries

Will grade boundaries drop this Summer? With the scrapping of January exams there will be no retakes and people have to take more exams at once so may not perform as well- hence leading to a sharp drop in boundaries. What do you think?
Reply 1
I doubt it tbh. The government don't want it to seem like exams are getting easier so I wouldn't be surprised if they put pressure on the exam boards to keep grade boundaries the same, especially if this leads to a lower percentage of A*/A's etc…

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
My prediction is that there will be no statistically significant difference in the grades awarded this summer than last summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
We'll find out when grade boundaries are released.
Original post by gdunne42
My prediction is that there will be no statistically significant difference in the grades awarded this summer than last summer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree, I think for this to happen grade boundaries are likely to fall
Original post by Lauren___e
I doubt it tbh. The government don't want it to seem like exams are getting easier so I wouldn't be surprised if they put pressure on the exam boards to keep grade boundaries the same, especially if this leads to a lower percentage of A*/A's etc…

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, they don't want to make things easier, but at the same time they cant make them significantly harder than last year, that would be incredibly unfair on those sitting exams this year. I'd be amazed if the % of A*/A grades were allowed to fall
Reply 6
I think for subjects where a lot of memorising is needed, they will drop by a small margin at most.

Quick Reply

Latest