The Student Room Group
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David

UWTSD: Lampeter 2014!

Hello all :biggrin:

New recruit to the forums.

Anyway, i was wondering if anybody is going to be studying at the UWTSD, Lampeter campus, this September?

Really doesn't matter if you are in your second year, or if your like me, going to be an undergraduate student. just looking forward to hopefully meeting a few new people.

Thanks. :smile:
---
Connect to UWTSD here! You'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying. :h:
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Welcome to the forum,

I will be a 2nd year student in September, studying archaeology & ancient history. What will you be studying?
Campus
University of Wales Trinity Saint David
Reply 2
Hi there!

Im new to this as well, so that makes the two of us :smile:
I'm studying Ancient Civilisations at Lampeter in September. What are you studying?

P.S I'm first year too
Original post by Pank88
Welcome to the forum,

I will be a 2nd year student in September, studying archaeology & ancient history. What will you be studying?

Hello, sorry for the long delay. I have been very busy with coursework and mocks.

Original post by AmyLou53
Hi there!

I'm studying Ancient Civilisations at Lampeter in September. What are you studying?

P.S I'm first year too

Indeed that does make two of us. Exciting stuff :biggrin: I have chosen to study Conflict & War.
Reply 4
Original post by AmyLou53
Hi there!

P.S I'm first year too

Will be in one of your modules then next year, 2nd semester with the fieldtrip to Oxford :smile:

Original post by Hachik0

Indeed that does make two of us. Exciting stuff :biggrin: I have chosen to study Conflict & War.

Nice, is that a new degree scheme?
Original post by Pank88
Will be in one of your modules then next year, 2nd semester with the fieldtrip to Oxford :smile:

Nice, is that a new degree scheme?

It must be, yes. I did a search for the course on 'which' but no information was displayed. Still looks really good though! :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Hachik0
It must be, yes. I did a search for the course on 'which' but no information was displayed. Still looks really good though! :biggrin:

Just had a peek, looks pretty good :smile:

If anyone has any questions about the Uni, would be more than happy to answer also.
Reply 7
Hey :biggrin:

Hopefully i'll be going to Lampeter in September to study Classical Studies with Ancient Egyptian Culture :smile:
Just got to get the grades first:s-smilie:
Original post by Pank88
Just had a peek, looks pretty good :smile:

If anyone has any questions about the Uni, would be more than happy to answer also.

What's it like basically? I hope to be visiting in the next week or so.
Original post by emthomas

Hopefully i'll be going to Lampeter in September to study Classical Studies with Ancient Egyptian Culture :smile:

Wow that sounds Awesome. I'm sure you will get the grades! :biggrin:
Original post by emthomas

Hopefully I will be doing the same thing. We should get in touch!
Reply 11
Original post by Hachik0
What's it like basically? I hope to be visiting in the next week or so.

Is a small campus in a small town so does have quite a close-knit feel to it.

Location wise its quite rural but very scenic, but the town has practically everything thats essential with a Spar, Co-Op and Sainsburys to do food shop.

University itself isn't flawless as you'd expect with any place especially with the merging of Universities under the TSD umbrella theres going to be little bumps etc, but the standard of teaching is very good and the lecturers are very approachable so really you get what you put into it. For the most part the modules are enjoyable, and with decent fieldtrips for Archaeology/Ancient History/Classics (Thats my frame of knowledge, so cant speak for the other departments in depth on trips/lecturers etc).

Accomodation wise, things are being updated and opinions being taken on board for both campus issues and issues within accomodation so could well be better this coming September. However right now for the most part accomodation is basic but definitely livable and does have some storage space (Under bed drawer, single wardrobe, shelves.... but does vary). The en-suite rooms are better as would be expected, but non en-suite is still good.

Not sure what else to write at the moment and am just putting off finishing an essay due tomorrow so shall get back to that.
Feel free to ask anything else.
Reply 12
Anyone doing Chinese studies in September?
Hi Tom, I will be doing Chinese Studies with Anthropology in September :smile: Glad to hear there will be at least one other person studying Chinese with me
I'm coming for Anthropology and Chinese Studies this September :smile: glad to hear someone else is going to be in my chinese classes
Reply 15
Hey, I'll be a second year student in Chinese studies, what about you? :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by FrancesM
I'm coming for Anthropology and Chinese Studies this September :smile: glad to hear someone else is going to be in my chinese classes

Hey great to hear man, I won't be in your classes since I'll be doing intermediate Chinese in the second year but I can definitely tell you about what you will expect and give you some hints and tricks haha
Original post by Tom_1988
Hey great to hear man, I won't be in your classes since I'll be doing intermediate Chinese in the second year but I can definitely tell you about what you will expect and give you some hints and tricks haha

any hints tips tricks or cheats are greatly appreciated :smile: i've already left you a heck of a few questions in the other forum so good luck with those anyway
Reply 18
I can't seem to find those other questions, could you copy and paste them on here? I'll do my best to answer them, also give you some cheeky tips on getting ahead in the Chinese course lol
Hi guys :smile:Im starting at Lampeter in September as well studying Medieval History and Heritage :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest