The Student Room Group

UCL vs LSE vs Warwick postgraduate

Hello,

I have received masters offer for the following courses:

UCL MSc Management (fees are 15k)
Warwick MSc Management (fees are 20k)
LSE Accounting Organisations and Institutions (fees are 23k)

I was wondering which if any would be the best course to undertake to get into an investment bank and give me the best chance.

Also if any one has any experience of any of these courses and would care to give some insight into the course itself that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Reply 1
Does anyone have any ideas about the MSc in Accounting, Organisations and Institutions at LSE? Is it worth the money? Assuming that you want to break into IB. I mean its obvious that the program is of lower value than the other Accounting/Finance classes at LSE. Does this matter or is the LSE brand alone "enough"?
Reply 2
Original post by grad_2015
Does anyone have any ideas about the MSc in Accounting, Organisations and Institutions at LSE? Is it worth the money? Assuming that you want to break into IB. I mean its obvious that the program is of lower value than the other Accounting/Finance classes at LSE. Does this matter or is the LSE brand alone "enough"?

honestly dont think so, only 60-80% of top uni MSc finance students break into IB eventually, let along that the degree is somewhat irrelevant to finance. You should probably look at finance in warwick and cass, which I assume you have a high chance getting in.
Reply 3
Original post by shindaabc
Hello,

I was wondering which if any would be the best course to undertake to get into an investment bank and give me the best chance.

Also if any one has any experience of any of these courses and would care to give some insight into the course itself that would be appreciated.

Thanks

All unis have a good brandname...one could say that LSE>Warwick>UCL. At least, that is my personal experience from this years AC in various banks in London. LOTS of LSE grads around, many from Warwick (espacially at Morgan Stanley during an AC in december), and a few from UCL.

LSE will certainly help you to attend plenty of networking events...I would say, banks are more present at LSE than UCL..but I dont think its a huge difference. Warwick would require you to travel to London..which can be a pain sometimes.

From an international perspective..NOTHING comes close to LSE. That name will stick with you, for the rest of your life. Truth be told, however, your course does not look like the standard Master that bankers would take. BUT, as historians and linguists gain offers, why shouldnt you? :smile:

Your degree really is just one part of the puzzle. Banks will look at your previous undergrad course (did you go to a so called "target" uni..), which grades did you achieve, any prior work experiences in the sector (highly valued by recruiters!! any "brand" names like banks, big4 or other companies?)

You may be able to change courses, once at LSE. I know that they officially say that this is not possible. From my Master, however, I personally know three people who changed courses once enroled at LSE in October.

Best of luck to you. And dont worry too much. You got three good option lined up, ready for the taking :wink:
Original post by shindaabc
Hello,

Thanks

Why didn't you apply to Warwick MSc Finance?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending