The Student Room Group

Parents.......Promised help for students not really out there

Busy important time placement hunting. It seems there's no help or guidance which was promised. Anyone else's son/daughter having the same problem?
I think practically everyone has the problem of difficulty finding placements... Who promised guidance?
Reply 2
Course leaders as the start. Was a big selling point .
Reply 3
What kind of support do they provide currently?
In our uni we have university only job portal where students can look for placement jobs only. Also there are CV and application form help desks.
Is your son/daughter tried to talk to her tutor about this?

I don't think when uni says we promise to help equals to we will 100% provide you with placement. All that do is check the CV, tell you what not to wear to interview.
Also, first year's grade does affect to employability...
I'm pretty sure every uni nowadays have employability hub.
Reply 4
Think I must have missed a post. Certainly my concern is the lack of help and support as offered by the Uni ....... Whoever has expressed concern re guidance with clothing as responded to in the previous post, is probably having you on! And anyone who has a belief that the uni will get a placement for the students clearly has no experience in the commercial world. Re my post........Does anyone have any constructive comments with regard to where students can obtain help and guidance please?
Has she tried her university's careers service?
possibly if you give some idea of what they are currently studying and what type of placement they are looking for. Also there is nothing unusual in giving students advice on what to wear.

At most universities the careers service can offer suggestions on where to look and they may have details of where previous students have gone. The main rule is to start early - are you sure your son/daughter hasn't just left it so late that the best placements have gone? Mine isn't on a placement course but I know some of their friends have their placements arranged for next year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending