The Student Room Group

Which hotels in UK allow under 18s to stay in?

Hey guys, me and a couple of friends are going around England to look at universities ( we are from hong kong). We are all under 18s and most hotels do not allow us to stay unless there are adults with us, but i'm sure there are exceptions. Any know any hotels in Cambridge, Manchester, Liverpool, Reading and London which allow under 18s to stay?
Reply 1
Original post by JonathanCarlise2
Hey guys, me and a couple of friends are going around England to look at universities ( we are from hong kong). We are all under 18s and most hotels do not allow us to stay unless there are adults with us, but i'm sure there are exceptions. Any know any hotels in Cambridge, Manchester, Liverpool, Reading and London which allow under 18s to stay?

Hostels are more likely to.
Reply 2
some hotels will let you, I remember one of them saying to me and few friends that we needed to give our parents phone number, incase we damaged something or whatever
any specific hotels allow us? The only ones i know are youth hostels and premier inn.
In general hotels not allowed to stay below 18s without an adult. Hostel is the best option for the same.
Reply 5
Just get a parent to book it under your name, you'll be fine.
Reply 6
It might be worth contacting the international departments at the universities you want to visit and explain the situation. Many universities rent out some of their accommodation during the summer vacation to the public and although you need to be 18, they may have discretion if you go via the international students department.

Alternatively, try YHA. http://www.yha.org.uk/
They have hostels in all of your locations except Reading (and you can visit on a day trip from London) and are a good option for 16-18 year olds.
Good luck and enjoy your visit
Anyway a four 15 year old could book in without an adult?
Original post by Faithdakota
Anyway a four 15 year old could book in without an adult?

only to somewhere like a youth hostel
Hi, I’ve had a look and can’t find any youth hostels which let 15 year olds check in alone but I am one and would like to do this. Any ideas?

Quick Reply

Latest