The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Slower than normal, would be too busy laughing at him for being an idiot.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Well from what I have learned racing on GTA , if the other guy has a faster car I will simply perform a PIT manoeuvre to ram him of the road and glide to an easy victory.
Reply 62
I have 3x the horsepower in the car. I have nothing to prove.

If I was on the motorbike, I wouldn't even need a quarter throttle to dispense with a 100bhp Golf, given most motorbikes around 600 to thousand are at or superior to supercar acceleration anyway...

To be honest, driven correctly, even my Defender is pretty spritely...no actually thats a lie, its slow as **** but it has loads of grip from the 4 wheel drive.
Reply 63
100hp VW Golf vs 140hp VW Passat; The Ultimate Showdown.
Reply 64
Original post by Hoody555
100hp VW Golf vs 140hp VW Passat; The Ultimate Showdown.

Hahaha!

The stig would be blown away by the performance!
Reply 65
Original post by traintracks1995

Does the Golf not need putting in its place ? No need to go flat out, just enough to make it clear he's not the boss.

I have nothing in life to prove to anyone :smile: I don't even need to go to work these days and have enough income to be in the top 20% percentile of households in Norway.

I let people like you who has a chip on the shoulder to put those in pleb-class car drivers in their place :smile:
Original post by samba
Lol, my old 330D E46 touring (far more torque and power than your passat) could barely manage 140mph~. I'm calling BS on your passat being able to do so.

I have nothing to gain from lying. All I can say was I was driving with my foot to the floor, the needle at 140 mph and still crawling very slowly

Original post by Motorbiker
Luckily the speed limit is 70 so that would not be a problem.

If this was on a drag strip or similar then EVENTUALLY in theory your car with a slightly higher top speed will catch up but having a 5mph higher top speed that it takes longer to get to will mean you have a massive deficit to catch up and you'd only be closing it very slowly.

Whereas the bike will probably be doing 100 before you're doing 60 so there's a decent amount of time with a much larger speed difference for the bike to gain a decent head start.

Also, Accelerating is not that skillful. Obviously there's the fractions to gain in the perfect launch/gear changes but still...

Bike wouldn't be doing 100 before doing 60. Acceleration slows down the faster you go you realise. 4 seconds 0-60 doesn't mean 6.7 seconds 0-100.

Never underestimate driver skills.

Original post by blue n white army
Yeah but youre saying that you've got 20k miles of fast driving experience when you are really tootling along at 60 on the motorway probably middle lane hogging.

Also where are these coutry roads based?

Nah I do 60 in the left lane unless overtaking. Then its 60 in middle or right lane.

Oxfordshire
Reply 67
Why would my tyre blow out?

The fact that you don't know is worrying.
Reply 68
Original post by Ripper-Roo
But some can

Exactly, some, not all, which is why people are "pussies" about it, because the people who can do it are out on a track doing it while the silly kids that can't are on a forum somewhere telling everyone they can.
Original post by Maccees
The fact that you don't know is worrying.

Let's ban all cars from the road just to be careful in case tyres blow out
You pull up at the lights next to a 1.6 Golf (100bhp) and it is edging forwards as if up for a race. Its a 70 mph dual carrigaeway, no other cars on the road, perfect weather etc.

How would you drive when the lights go green and he guns it ?

No contest, my car isn't a ****ty 1.6 Golf and I'd smoke his ass if he tries to race.
Reply 71
Let's ban all cars from the road just to be careful in case tyres blow out

Bit of a stupid suggestion but it's duly noted.
Reply 72
I'd race him.
Incorrect. I can and do drive fast. 20k miles and not a single crash or near miss. I must be doing something right :wink:

With such an arrogant attitude it is only a matter of time befire you kill yourself.

It's the innocent family or pedestrian that will end up paying for your selfishness and stupidity with their lives and your family will forever lament.

Because your type will only get more arrogant and take bigger risks until the one time you lose control or something happens outside of your control.
Original post by uberteknik
With such an arrogant attitude it is only a matter of time befire you kill yourself.

It's the innocent family or pedestrian that will end up paying for your selfishness and stupidity with their lives and your family will forever lament.

Because your type will only get more arrogant and take bigger risks until the one time you lose control or something happens outside of your control.

I won't lose control. I'm clever enough to only put down the full power of vechile when it is safe and conditions allow. With great power comes great responsbility
Original post by Alfissti
I have nothing in life to prove to anyone :smile: I don't even need to go to work these days and have enough income to be in the top 20% percentile of households in Norway.

I let people like you who has a chip on the shoulder to put those in pleb-class car drivers in their place :smile:

lemme hold a dollar? :smile:
I point at them and laugh. If anyone is in the car with me, we both point and laugh. If it's just me, I take the fluffy pigeon off my dashboard and point at them with that.

Then drive away normally like a mature adult.
Original post by tehFrance
No contest, my car isn't a ****ty 1.6 Golf and I'd smoke his ass if he tries to race.

What would you do?
What would you do?

I'd smoke his ass... it's a ****ty Golf vs a majestic CLS... it's no contest!
Reply 79
I have nothing to gain from lying. All I can say was I was driving with my foot to the floor, the needle at 140 mph and still crawling very slowly

Bike wouldn't be doing 100 before doing 60. Acceleration slows down the faster you go you realise. 4 seconds 0-60 doesn't mean 6.7 seconds 0-100.

Never underestimate driver skills.

Nah I do 60 in the left lane unless overtaking. Then its 60 in middle or right lane.

Oxfordshire

Posted from TSR Mobile

A Superbike can go from 0 to 100mph in around 8 seconds. Most cars take over 10 seconds to get to 60 so a bike will easily be over 100 before you get to 60 in your car.

It's simple physics, a thousand bike has 180bhp and weights 250kg. Power to weight is greater than a veyron...

Latest