Remembering it is the pain for me :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by EverybodyHertz
What do you need help with :smile:

Remembering it is the pain for me :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just remembering it
I received a question by many people of estimations of what questions are going to come up :smile:
Thought that this could be beneficial for your revision, if not... :tongue:
I spoke to an A2 student this morning and she told me (as well as the teachers) that PY1 is completely random and repetitive, don't risk anything as you will never know what's coming up. Last years students who took the exam in January had avoided the behaviourist approach as it didn't come up previously but in fact did come up. Those who retook didn't revise the behaviourist approach again, which in fact came up again. So you can obviously tell what's happened to them. It was pretty bad luck for them. :redface:
I'd recommend you attempting to memorise everything in PY1 as its extremely repetitive and you do not know what's coming up. :smile:

PY2 on the other had, if you're willing to take the risk to ditch the last 6 studies (essays) which came up, go for it as its a gamble. However, it's only 6 studies and you might as well learnt them as well as you never know. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
I think it's hard trying to remember rosenhan, and buss as well As langer and Rodin. It's difficult because they are all 12 mark and for some you can't write that much.
There are a lot of facts and figures to remember its so difficult
for py1 I think it's a bit easier though
Original post by 0011Abcdefg
I think it's hard trying to remember rosenhan, and buss as well As langer and Rodin. It's difficult because they are all 12 mark and for some you can't write that much.
There are a lot of facts and figures to remember its so difficult
for py1 I think it's a bit easier though

Yeah, that's true... I shouldn't say this but to get an overall B you could try and get an A in PY1 and C in PY2. However, the grade boundaries for PY2 are extremely stingy so I'd say aim highest for them all.

If you need help remembering data, you're aloud to draw a table in the exam; as long as you draw a table with the correct data.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
What do you guys think will happen to the grade boundaries? Will they go up or down now that all exams are in June?
Reply 26
Original post by ~amethyst~
Where did you find the 2014 January paper? I thought they stopped all January exams now?

The January 2014 paper was for y13's restating the exam. You can't look at the paper online but there is an examiners report. The questions were:
A+C - Rosenhan
Proc - BL + M
F+C - Rahe et al
Method - Asch
Method - G + W
Alt ev - L + R
Original post by adaxboy
The January 2014 paper was for y13's restating the exam. You can't look at the paper online but there is an examiners report. The questions were:
A+C - Rosenhan
Proc - BL + M
F+C - Rahe et al
Method - Asch
Method - G + W
Alt ev - L + R

That's excellent, thanks for that

I've found this:
https://www.wjecservices.co.uk/MarkToUMS/default.aspx?l=en
I'm not sure if you would find this helpful but this would tell you how much UMS and marks you need for the desired grade.
If it doesn't help, don't worry :smile:

P.S. if you use this, remember to use 2013 as that's the most recent 'published' exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Dying, tomorrow's PY1 good luck everyone and don't do drugs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
The paper couldn't have been much easier really! I had to use extra paper, even though I put this in the main booklet surely they would see this in order so that the questions run through in the way that I answered them right?
Reply 30
I was in absolute love with the paper today, it could not have gone better!
Reply 31
I had to use an extra booklets worth of paper in the exam! Is it okay that I put the extra booklet inside the main one because I was wondering how this would show up to the examiner when marking?
It was nice, but 1hr and 15 was NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR THE AMOUNT I WANTED TO WRITE

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's great that everyone enjoyed it, tbh I predicted 3 questions which would come up and they did :/

Think I'm gifted :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by EverybodyHertz
That's great that everyone enjoyed it, tbh I predicted 3 questions which would come up and they did :/

Think I'm gifted :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same! The only one I didn't predict was psychodynamic methodology.
Original post by adaxboy
Same! The only one I didn't predict was psychodynamic methodology.

You know, that was one I had predicted and I was so ready for it... Gutted I didn't revise it so I had to fluke it bad way :frown:
Oh well, hope for the best now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
Managed to successfully predict all the PY1 questions, so I don't know whether this is a good sign in terms of making PY2 predictions or not. Has anyone made predictions for the full paper? (Personally, I'm assuming Q1: Milgram, Q2: Gibson and Walk, Q3: Rosenhan or Buss, Q4/Q5/Q6: BLM and/or Gardner and Gardner, Q4/Q5/Q6: Loftus and Palmer and/or Rosenham and/or Rahe. ^^)
Original post by asdfghjj
Managed to successfully predict all the PY1 questions, so I don't know whether this is a good sign in terms of making PY2 predictions or not. Has anyone made predictions for the full paper? (Personally, I'm assuming Q1: Milgram, Q2: Gibson and Walk, Q3: Rosenhan or Buss, Q4/Q5/Q6: BLM and/or Gardner and Gardner, Q4/Q5/Q6: Loftus and Palmer and/or Rosenham and/or Rahe. ^^)

That's cool but how do you manage to predict these?
I've predicted that BLM, Buss and Rosenhan but I'm unsure... It's completely random so...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
I think he is basing his predictions off of when they last appeared. For example, Milgram was on the Specimen paper in 2009 but hasn't come up since for aims and context. Same for Gibson and walk procedure. And I don't think rosenhan as ever come up for findings and conclusions. I doubt they would be this predictable for py2 but you never know!
Original post by adaxboy
I think he is basing his predictions off of when they last appeared. For example, Milgram was on the Specimen paper in 2009 but hasn't come up since for aims and context. Same for Gibson and walk procedure. And I don't think rosenhan as ever come up for findings and conclusions. I doubt they would be this predictable for py2 but you never know!

I agree with you but is it just me who finds that Loftus and Lalmer, Gardner and Gardner and Langer and Rodin are forever coming up?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending