The Student Room Group

Who do you dsilike more, Arsenal fans or Liverpool fans?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Silver Arrows
:lol: Yeah, alright then :wink:

Pretty obvious why, hopefully you'll figure it out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Support MU, cant stand the scousers. Absolutely detest them.

Find Arsenal fans hilarious though. Deluded in their clubs underachievement.
Reply 62
The problem with Arsenal fans is division, some are anti-Wenger to the extreme, the AKB crowd can be as ridiculous at the other extreme. This just makes us a laughing stock as it looks like with every match we change our minds about whether we hate or love him. We do (and I do too) complain about finances way too much, but put any other clubs fans in our position and they'd be of the same opinion.

In real life United fans are head and shoulders above everyone else on the arrogance scale. Apart from one of my closest friends, every United fan I know has basically stopped watching and denounced their support this season. Now they are struggling a little they're all jumping ship, pathetic.

The Chelsea fans that Zurich mentions I've never come into contact so can't comment on them really. Far too many Chelsea fans in Essex though and one of my school friends switched from West Ham to Chelsea in 2004 which he gets ripped for.

Liverpool fans on TSR I find a lot worse than in real life (Luke and Zerf being exceptions). Every Liverpool fan I know IRL is pretty decent.

Don't think I know any City fans, and only one Spurs fan IRL.
Reply 63
Original post by Eboracum

Chelsea fans are always really decent people in real life, and on this forum as well. Wish them well. I worked with a guy and his comedy about Chelsea was brilliant.

Thanks bro.
Original post by Silver Arrows
I respect a lot of Liverpool fans. Its sends a shiver down my spine when they sing YNWA at Anfield.

But I have a strong dislike for Arsenal fans, mainly due to Piers Morgan.

Haha nobody likes Piers Morgan, not even AFC fans :tongue:
Reply 65
Football fans are the real problem...
Reply 66
Arsenal fans are perhaps the most fickle fans I've met - plus I don't understand how they can go from loving Wenger one week to absolutely despising him the next.
Original post by Pete_91
Liverpool fans on TSR I find a lot worse than in real life (Luke and Zerf being exceptions). Every Liverpool fan I know IRL is pretty decent.

Oh okay, be that way. Phase 3 of Straight up G takes on The Arsenal Society will soon be underway.
Reply 68
Original post by Straight up G
Oh okay, be that way. Phase 3 of Straight up G takes on The Arsenal Society will soon be underway.

You and So Instinct have tarnished our reputation with the Arsenal lot :cry2:
Liverpool supporters are the kind of people who would gather round and sing You'll Never Walk Alone when one of them loses ten quid at a bookies...But in general I don't have a big problem with them.

My dad does because they're the man u of his generation so every glory supporting southerner has come out of the woodworks. But they're all 30 plus so doesn't effect me!
Cannot say I dislike either. Unlike glory seeking Manchester United fans, the bad element of Millwall fans, franchise FC (aka MK Dons), and Luton (the place that John Betjeman should have written about instead of Slough).
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
Haha nobody likes Piers Morgan, not even AFC fans :tongue:

You wouldn't dislike Aston Villa because David Cameron is a supporter (and his uncle a former director), Rangers because of the association with Gordon Ramsey, or even West Ham because of Russell Brand. Piers Morgan is a cross that Arsenal fans have to bear.
As a Liverpool fan myself I will probably have a bit of a biased view but I don't think we're that bad. I'm from a town in the north west where there's a mixture of supporters and, in general my view is most Liverpool and Everton fans are alright, some United fans are knowledgeable lads but you get one or two who think there's a huge conspiracy against United and it;s not their fault they're **** (which it is). The city 'fans' (if you can call them that) are the worst though, seems to be a lot of people who supported united suddenly supporting city recently...
Reply 73
Original post by Ggmu!
Londoners who support United are the best fans, you're complimenting me by even bringing up.

I think you may be annoyed. If anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Leeds?
Reply 74

You go from the sublime to the ridiculous in a single post, one minute troll one minute sensible. You bring it on yourself!
Original post by Deshi
You and So Instinct have tarnished our reputation with the Arsenal lot :cry2:

Mate, they honestly have it coming. So much arrogance and condescension towards us and then we go **** em up 5-1, kickstart their seasonal crumble and watch their season disintegrate into shreds as ever. They had it coming, they always do.
Reply 76
Mate, they honestly have it coming. So much arrogance and condescension towards us and then we go **** em up 5-1, kickstart their seasonal crumble and watch their season disintegrate into shreds as ever. They had it coming, they always do.

Except you know, we're more likely to win a trophy than you this season :colondollar:
Lol if they lump all the Liverpool fans together because of you and SI :lol:

Original post by Pete_91
Except you know, we're more likely to win a trophy than you this season :colondollar:

I dunno about that, expecting a Arsenal to choke as per norm :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Pete_91

And you'll finish below us. Disgraceful, given the resources and time that both managers have had at their disposal.

Wenger has had you lot stagnating, and anyone that disbelieves it is deluded. Even if you manage to not bottle the FA Cup, it won't mask over a season where you lost 6-3, 5-1 and 6-0 to the sides above you.

When I elaborated on this in the Arsenal thread in a non-troll way, no-one could answer any of my points, all I got was Little_tom saying 'you're still stupid tho' when he got confused by the meaning of the word 'concede'.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Malevolent
Lol if they lump all the Liverpool fans together because of you and SI :lol:

It's not fair really, the lads on our thread are probably some of the best on TSR, always good footballing discussion going on.

Quick Reply

Latest