The Student Room Group

Who do you dsilike more, Arsenal fans or Liverpool fans?

Scroll to see replies

Just to back Zurich up, you are living in dreamland if you think Liverpools fans are all from Liverpool. 90% are not. Not that that matters, all the big teams including City have fans all over the world, but don't give me that nonsense. Most people in Liverpool support Everton.
Reply 121
Original post by Eboracum
Just to back Zurich up, you are living in dreamland if you think Liverpools fans are all from Liverpool. 90% are not. Not that that matters, all the big teams including City have fans all over the world, but don't give me that nonsense. Most people in Liverpool support Everton.

I've supported Liverpool for 10 years and I sure as hell life nowhere near.
I'm from yorkshire and I live in Newcastle.

I don't care where you come from, football is a game, a form of entertainment, so you can support whoever you like. You should be able to support whichever team gives you the most enjoyment.

I understand and truly respect people who believe the contrary - that you should support where you live. That's a great mentality, but you shouldn't force it on others.

I'll be damned before I start supporting York city just because I'm from York.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Luke_Mckeown
I've supported Liverpool for 10 years and I sure as hell life nowhere near.
I'm from yorkshire and I live in Newcastle.

I don't care where you come from, football is a game, a form of entertainment, so you can support whoever you like. You should be able to support whichever team gives you the most enjoyment.

I understand and truly respect people who believe the contrary - that you should support where you live. That's a great mentality, but you shouldn't force it on others.

I'll be damned before I start supporting York city just because I'm from York.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think he's actually criticising people for supporting teams outside of where they live but simply stating that Zurich is right (which he is) in that many Liverpool fans don't live in Liverpool, myself included.
I may be wrong, but if that is the case I wouldn't take a man who switches teams in the bat of an eyelid too seriously on this subject matter.
Original post by Malevolent
Lol if they lump all the Liverpool fans together because of you and SI :lol:

I dunno about that, expecting a Arsenal to choke as per norm :tongue:

Tbf though, I'm nothing like what I am on here in real life. In fact bar pre Feb I was barely like this at all on here too, but y'know boredom, no exams, some Arsenal fans superiority complex and 5-1 is a bad mix.

I respect some of all fans really, I usually don't judge them by what some individuals on a forum say because the likelihood is they're not even like that in real life. Forums are just a means to troll and banter, you shouldn't take people on here too seriously nor should you come here always expecting a serious discussion or at least I don't.
Ironically the people I talk to most in real life about football are Arsenal fans and I have a lot of respect for the club, though I wouldn't show it on here as you can obv see :tongue: Same goes for little_tom who's probably a decent guy with good conversation in real life and we may even get along if I'm not just trying to **** with people and have a serious discussion :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by So Instinct
I don't think he's actually criticising people for supporting teams outside of where they live but simply stating that Zurich is right (which he is) in that many Liverpool fans don't live in Liverpool, myself included.
I may be wrong, but if that is the case I wouldn't take a man who switches teams in the bat of an eyelid too seriously on this subject matter.

Could say the same for many other clubs. Not just limited to Liverpool. Arsenal, United and Chelsea just as bad.
Original post by Malevolent
Could say the same for many other clubs. Not just limited to Liverpool. Arsenal, United and Chelsea just as bad.

Oh yeah I agree, was just making it specific to what Zurich/Eb said.
It's not even a case of "bad", tbh to expect all fans of a club to be from the respective city if just silly, so is the idea that not being from the city would make them any less of a fan. A lot of people (myself included) simply feel an affiliation towards a club from a young age whether it be local or not, sometimes that's developed by parents/friends and sometimes it's completely random. To ignore that an only support your local team would simply be being untrue to yourself to please others in this unspoken rule.
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest