The Student Room Group

How much have you revised for A-levels?

Hi,

The time is ticking I'm afraid. :redface:

Have you started your revision yet?

Feel free to discuss your plans.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I've been doing light revision since late Janauary, but only been going hard, like 4-6 hours a day, since about two weeks ago.
Reply 2
4-6 hours ??????????
i got 7A* in my gcses but ive been hardly doing anything this year... am i screwed?
Reply 3
4-6 hours ??????????
i got 7A* in my gcses but ive been hardly doing anything this year... have i messed up not starting my revision yet?
also im in the middle of writing my ps so dont have time
Reply 4
Original post by gingerxo
4-6 hours ??????????
i got 7A* in my gcses but ive been hardly doing anything this year... have i messed up not starting my revision yet?

I haven't started neither. I'm screwed.
I did some in the Winter holidays but at the moment have been too bogged down with coursework and ISAs to be doing much at all :s-smilie:
Reply 6
2/3 hours a day since about 2 weeks ago, before that I didn't do very much

have 11 exams (7 A2 modules 4 AS repeats)

Need 3 As in Maths Physics and Chemistry to get Into Electrical and Electronic Engineering course at Bristol :colondollar: I am worried
(edited 10 years ago)
Averaging a 0 hours at the moment :laugh: but I have an inset tomorrow so I'm going to go hardcore :smile:
Original post by gingerxo
4-6 hours ??????????

You haven't messed up, it's not yet too late, but you do need to get started very soon and start putting in the time if you're looking for good marks. Good grades at GCSE does absolutely nothing to get you good grades now, only revision will do that. You won't know how much work there is to do until you start, so you need to start early (i.e. now).

As for writing your PS, I know it takes time to get right, but it can't be taking all day every day? Presumably you're still at school as almost everybody is at the moment, but surely there's some time left, even if when on the train/in the car/in 10 blocks of spare time. Cut down on little blocks of wasted time and you'll gain a lot in total. Start doing little chunks of revision now and you'll start getting the knots out of the as-of-yet unlearned material.
Reply 9
I've made notes on most, of PY1 in psychology. Going to finish that then go on to Sociology tomorrow then when I'm finished that go on to law and poetry once I'm done with law :smile:
Reply 10
I've started properly this week, actually using my frees to go to the library and work :colondollar:
Probably averaging about 3 hours a day at the moment, in half term that'll go up to 6-8, then back down to 4-6 after the holidays. I need a life too, so they'll be the odd day off when things get too manic.

Revision is the only thing that really stops me stressing about exams...so here goes!
Hi:smile:

Im doing my last A2s and i usually do 2 hours a day everyday and start 3 months before every exam. Its always worked for me, got full marks in every Sociology exam and im predicted 2 A*s and an A for my overall A levels:smile: dont do too much, you will stress yourself out and wont remember anything!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tash.emily
Hi:smile:

Im doing my last A2s and i usually do 2 hours a day everyday and start 3 months before every exam. Its always worked for me, got full marks in every Sociology exam and im predicted 2 A*s and an A for my overall A levels:smile: dont do too much, you will stress yourself out and wont remember anything!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you go through each subject everyday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many subjects do you guys do? I do 4: math, FM, business and geography amped I feel really stressed out...
Reply 14
Started a small amount of revision so far. F211 resit, Core 3/4, Mechanics 1/2 are currently my priority. :smile:
Will start up properly during and after Easter.
Hopefully more spread out but slower revision will leave me less stressed towards the exams by giving me more time for past papers and fixing any weaknesses.
I usually have 3/4 exams, i havent had any more because i have always had Jan modules! So i usually do say an hour of biology and an hour of sociology one day, then an hour of psychology and an hour of biology again, and i just switch it around each day so im doing around the same of each one!:smile: i find if you start revising 2 or 3 months before you have plenty of time after writing up notes do go through past papers and essays:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
I didn't revise at all last year (for AS) and really regret it/am paying for it now!

I've been revising since beginning on feb, we had 2 full sets of mocks for all subjects then so revised for those. I have 10 exams in summer (studying biology chemistry and maths) including retakes, I've properly revised 5 of them including resits and now doing the others, normally 3-5 hours of work a day :smile:
Original post by acciolucy
I didn't revise at all last year (for AS) and really regret it/am paying for it now!

I've been revising since beginning on feb, we had 2 full sets of mocks for all subjects then so revised for those. I have 10 exams in summer (studying biology chemistry and maths) including retakes, I've properly revised 5 of them including resits and now doing the others, normally 3-5 hours of work a day :smile:

Are you retaking in maths? If so how are you balancing it on top of a2? I'm retaking c2 and d1.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hardly anything i dont know why. I got 10 A2 exams and 3 AS exams i do maths bio chem. I have an offer aswell ABB but still that doesnt even motivate me its so weird. Someone give me some advise please
Original post by Badman1231
hardly anything i dont know why. I got 10 A2 exams and 3 AS exams i do maths bio chem. I have an offer aswell ABB but still that doesnt even motivate me its so weird. Someone give me some advise please

I'm sorry mate but there's no two ways around it, you've just got to get your head down and start revising. :/

Quick Reply

Latest