The Student Room Group

Chlamydia test

Okay so I went to my GP about my low libido and they changed my pill and also gave me a chlamydia home test to check that there wasn't any underlying issues. Since changing the pill I'm on the problem has been pretty much resolved but my boyfriend still wants me to take the test. Thing is I'm not sure where I'm supposed to take it once I've done it. Do I need to book another appointment with my GP for them to send off, do I give it to the receptionist...?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
I'd have thought they would have told you! If you're not expected to post it off somewhere yourself (you'd have been given an envelope) then it will be a 'drop off' thing rather than an appointment one.

(And is your boyfriend testing as well?)
Reply 2
They said to 'bring it back' but who do I give it to????

And yes he is getting tested too.
Reply 3
The receptionists.

If they need to call someone, they will, but you don't need to make an appointment.

Presumably the bottle / whatever has some code on it?
If you don't feel you're at risk, you don't have to take the test, they can't force you and they probably asked you to take it for their targets as much as anything.

If you do think you may be at risk of chlamidya, then you are at risk of other stis and it would be best for you both to go to a sexual health clinic for a full screening.

Quick Reply

Latest