The Student Room Group

Changing Uni

If you are in year 2 MPharm can you transfer to another uni ?
From what uni to what uni ? I think different universities have different policies

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Depends on the unis.
Reply 3
Very rarely.
Wanted to move to nottingham or manchester ?
Reply 5
Although the MPharm degree is a standardised thing, the order in which the universities teach the material isn't.
You might be wanting to transfer into the second year of an MPharm programme when you haven't covered the material your desired university requires.

The best thing you can do is contact the universities.
It's more likely you'll be able to transfer into the first year, but I have known of one person who managed to transfer into a second year, from Brighton, but I'm unsure of where they went.
Original post by ½+½
Although the MPharm degree is a standardised thing, the order in which the universities teach the material isn't.
You might be wanting to transfer into the second year of an MPharm programme when you haven't covered the material your desired university requires.

The best thing you can do is contact the universities.
It's more likely you'll be able to transfer into the first year, but I have known of one person who managed to transfer into a second year, from Brighton, but I'm unsure of where they went.

Hi there

Could you find out where that person managed to transfer to from Brighton ?

Cos I'm going to do my 1st year Pharmacy study at Brighton, and I'm
thinking about transfer to other uni after the first year.

Many thanks
Reply 7
Original post by kt29511917974
Hi there

Could you find out where that person managed to transfer to from Brighton ?

Cos I'm going to do my 1st year Pharmacy study at Brighton, and I'm
thinking about transfer to other uni after the first year.

Many thanks

I think it was Manchester, but I can't be sure.
The person transferred after first year so it was some time ago, and I didn't know them outside university.
I would contact all the universities you're interested in transferring to, and also accept that you may have to do the whole degree at Brighton, or start from the beginning somewhere else.
Original post by ½+½
I think it was Manchester, but I can't be sure.
The person transferred after first year so it was some time ago, and I didn't know them outside university.
I would contact all the universities you're interested in transferring to, and also accept that you may have to do the whole degree at Brighton, or start from the beginning somewhere else.

Alright. I've contacted reading and UEA and they only accept transfer get into the first year. I think I better just go to Brighton first and see what's happen. Thank you very much for your reply.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending