The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Send most of the forms off as soon as you can. Your college/sixth form need to complete part of the form, so you won't actually get your first payment for 2 or 3 weeks, even if you hand in the form to your college and get it sent off on the first day. At least, thats how it was at our college last year.
I see. I'll send off soon. Thanks!
Reply 3
I don't qualify myself (or I didn't last year anyway - not sure if the situation has now changed). You just need to send the forms off - you can apply for an application pack on the internet if you do not currently have one. I think it is possible to receieve back payments up to mid October for the academic year starting in September, so you don't need to do it straight away. However, I would for your own piece of mind. I think they will need to contact you to give you a certificate of elagability or something along those lines once your application has been received by the EMA awarding body.
Reply 4
When i applied for EMA i did in good time but still didn't get my first payment until start of November! (however they did backdate it, which was nice!). If you apply in good time it means yours is likely to be processed quicker and the money can be paid into your account promptly.
Also, just a thought. The whole point of EMA is for it to be spent on school equipment etc. But there is a ceiling limit for parental income (£30,000 per annum i think). Does this say that any parent who earns over £30,000 a year should contribute to their childs education?. Anyway after the first few weeks it was just extra money to me as i had already bought my equipment!
Reply 5
ASAP, it will take a while to process and then if there are any problems it may delay the application.
Reply 6
kirstinx
ASAP, it will take a while to process and then if there are any problems it may delay the application.

:ditto: Apply as soon as you can.
Liar
:ditto: Apply as soon as you can.

= AASAYC. Crappy acronym, I know.
Apply now. (AN. Much better.)

(Please, no "I didn't get EMA" flaming in here.)
Reply 9
You should get the pack of forms now and fill them in and send them off. Then you should get a letter with something you fill in and hand in to school, try and hand that in on the first day back so that you receive your payments after 2/3 weeks.
Reply 10
obviously, try and do it asap. although a friend of mine didn't get hers sorted till march....but they still back dated till september :biggrin:
make sure you've got your bank account sorted before hand though!
Reply 12
although a friend of mine didn't get hers sorted till march....but they still back dated till september

That must of been a good day :biggrin: :p:
wave_o_mutilation
I haven't applied yet. I haven't even looked into it. Is there a deadline as to when you can apply? - i want to start getting it from the very begining of next term.

Cheers :smile:

if you want it for the very start your application should have been gone and you should have received a letter stating how much you can get by now.....get your application away ASAP!!!!!!
xsbrx
obviously, try and do it asap. although a friend of mine didn't get hers sorted till march....but they still back dated till september :biggrin:

That happened for me....but mine was backdated from September to February....got 500 quid was loving it :biggrin:
Reply 15
lol she was really milking it! even though we all got the same money in the end......her lump sum seemed better than my £30 :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending