The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The JCR commitee and a bunch of volunteers usually creates a timetable for freshers' week - usually with formals, pub crawls, clubbing, tours, talks etc. No pressure to join in if you don't want to! The fun stuff in College will be organised by the current students throughout the week, and your College is likely to organise more formal things: meetings with your new tutors, college tours, etc. Also at Cam, a central Freshers Fair is held over a couple of days, where you can sign up for clubs / societies / sports etc. Most Colleges have these too, to sign ppl up for sports teams, I think. Hope this helps!
Reply 2
I remember Freshers Week lasting the whole of the first year!
MyNameIsNeo
I remember Freshers Week lasting the whole of the first year!

Where did (do?) you go?
Reply 4
Trinity.
oldthrashbarg
Where did (do?) you go?

Ahh the fresher week japes. Pub golf - gotta love it
J
Reply 6
foolfarian
Ahh the fresher week japes. Pub golf - gotta love it
J

You what? I just remember we had our pub crawl on the same night as about 6 other colleges, so was an absolute nightmare getting served. Then at the end of the night my friend tried to climb the tree outside John's - was v amusing.
Reply 7
I think there should be a Freshers Week every week!
Reply 8
MyNameIsNeo
I think there should be a Freshers Week every week!

Aargh noooo! My liver hurts at the thought...
Reply 9
isnt it more like 4 days or something, as opposed to a full week? i wanna loooong party :frown:
Reply 10
priya
isnt it more like 4 days or something, as opposed to a full week? i wanna loooong party :frown:

Well, we got there on the Saturday, and lectures started properly on Thursday, so we got 5 days before we had to start real work, although we'd already had various DoS/Supervisor meetings, plus going along to meet our cadaver and so on, but that was the grand total of our official freshers' week. However, just because you're in lectures doesn't mean your social life has to stop :biggrin:
Yeah - Freshers' Week starts on the Friday/Saturday/Sunday (whenever your college says you should come up - for you it'll be a Saturday) and lectures begin on the Thursday. Some lucky people get essays in the first few days :biggrin: (our economists did this year) and natscis have to sign up for practicals on the Monday. But apart from that and a couple of other boring admin things, you have five days of lovely alcoholic stuff.
Reply 12
Helenia
Well, we got there on the Saturday, and lectures started properly on Thursday, so we got 5 days before we had to start real work, although we'd already had various DoS/Supervisor meetings, plus going along to meet our cadaver and so on, but that was the grand total of our official freshers' week. However, just because you're in lectures doesn't mean your social life has to stop :biggrin:

Cadaver? cadaver? You meet with your corpse? :P
Reply 13
lucerna
Cadaver? cadaver? You meet with your corpse? :P

Yes. You also pick up your lab coat, anatomy manual and dissection kit at the same time, but then you're supposed to find all the other people on your table and go in to view your cadaver for the first time. However, due to my incapability to read a list, I ended up looking at the wrong body. I'm glad I was wrong, because my group are a lot nicer than the one I thought I was with.
Helenia
Yes. You also pick up your lab coat, anatomy manual and dissection kit at the same time, but then you're supposed to find all the other people on your table and go in to view your cadaver for the first time. However, due to my incapability to read a list, I ended up looking at the wrong body. I'm glad I was wrong, because my group are a lot nicer than the one I thought I was with.

What did you get, man or woman (women cadavers are crap)
J
Reply 15
In what way?
In what way?

Phil, you're going to Cambridge!! You'll get to meet people off the forum! :biggrin:
In what way?

too much fat
J
foolfarian
too much fat
J

:eek: :frown: :frown:

*complex*
Reply 19
i cant wait!

Latest

Trending