The Student Room Group

The McDonald's Recruitment Team - Official Rep Thread 2014

Hi everyone,

How exciting to be a part of The Student Room community :smile:

We know that choosing the right career path can be challenging and we are here to give advice - if you want it :h:

Our new Employer Guide has lots of information, please let us know what you think http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=4052-McDonalds-sponsored-profile

Are you looking for a part time job with great flexibility?
Are you a recent graduate, or about to graduate?
Are you completing a sandwich degree and looking for a placement?
Are you currently working for us and looking to further your McDonald's career?

We have something for everyone, and would love to hear from you.

Feel free to get in touch!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1
Does that come with fries?
Hey mate :smile: - you wouldn't believe how many times we hear that:wink:

Hope all is well - let me know if you need any questions answered on McD careers:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by recruitment@mcdonalds

Hope all is well - let me know if you need any questions answered on McD careers:smile:

Ouch - burned by my lack of originality :tongue:

Out of interest (and general use to the readers of this forum), what graduate opportunities does MaccyD offer? Haven't come across them before.
Reply 4
Hi everyone,

We know that choosing the right career path can be challenging and we are here to give advice - if you want it :h:

Our new Employer Guide has lots of information, please let us know what you think http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=4052-McDonalds-sponsored-profile

Hope to hear from you soon.

Hello,
Is there any job opportunities for international undergraduate students ?
Original post by M1011
Ouch - burned by my lack of originality :tongue:

Out of interest (and general use to the readers of this forum), what graduate opportunities does MaccyD offer? Haven't come across them before.

:smile:
We have some great opportunities; our Trainee Manager scheme is open to graduates, or those with experience of working in a customer facing environment and managing teams.

Trainee Managers need to be logical thinkers, with a great attitude, who see themselves managing multi-million pound businesses.

You can find out more by taking a look at our Employer profile http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=4052-McDonalds-sponsored-profile
Reply 6
Was the reference to sandwich degrees used with a great sense of irony?

I saw McD and thought it was initially MoD and that you were offering roles in the Ministry of Defence. I was a quite upset when I realised that it wasn't actually an o and was in fact a c. I think you should have put the full name of McDonalds rather than an abbreviated form.

Any chance of a free McFlurry to help me recover from the emotional trauma you have put me through?
Original post by Mickey O'Neil
I saw McD and thought it was initially MoD and that you were offering roles in the Ministry of Defence. I was a quite upset when I realised that it wasn't actually an o and was in fact a c. I think you should have put the full name of McDonalds rather than an abbreviated form.

Any chance of a free McFlurry to help me recover from the emotional trauma you have put me through?

Afraid not Mickey, assumed the Golden Arches would have been a giveaway :s-smilie:
Interesting, so currently you only offer grad schemes in management on the retail side, nothing corporate? Or would a head office industrial placement hold potential for a future role in head office?
Original post by Tokyoround
Interesting, so currently you only offer grad schemes in management on the retail side, nothing corporate? Or would a head office industrial placement hold potential for a future role in head office?

Unfortunately we don’t currently have a corporate grad scheme however it is something we are looking into for the future.

We’ve had a couple of success stories of placement students returning the office after graduating, but this is not a guarantee. It just puts students in a better position when we do have roles come up keeping in contact with the teams and knowing they would love the opportunity to return!:smile:
Hi all
Need your general views as young people, what does the term 'soft skills' mean to you?
Your thoughts welcome!
Reply 12
Hi all
Need your general views as young people, what does the term 'soft skills' mean to you?
Your thoughts welcome!

Able to communicate well with people i.e. influence their decisions, adapt to formal/informal settings and able to be polite

Able to work well with others i.e. listen, compromise, know when to voice your opinion and be willing to put effort into things.

--

I'm interested to know what are the requirements to become a manager at McDonalds? I remember during secondary school I heard that you needed just D's in your GCSEs to become one and I'm interested to find out if this is true.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Luxray
Able to communicate well with people i.e. influence their decisions, adapt to formal/informal settings and able to be polite

Able to work well with others i.e. listen, compromise, know when to voice your opinion and be willing to put effort into things.

--

I'm interested to know what are the requirements to become a manager at McDonalds? I remember during secondary school I heard that you needed just D's in your GCSEs to become one and I'm interested to find out if this is true.

Hi Luxray!

Thanks for your thoughts on 'soft skills' - sorry its taken us a while to get back to you!

If you would like to find out more about the requirements for becoming manager at McDonald's please take a look at our profile page (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=4052-McDonalds-sponsored-profile)... it contains loads of info on all our different job roles!!

If you need to know anything else please let us know :smile:
Hi everyone,

Feel free to get in touch!

Hi,
I have an interview next week but won't be able to come in for any of the time slots available?Would I be able to re-arrange a different time??

Thanks
Original post by ghost_rebel
Hi,
I have an interview next week but won't be able to come in for any of the time slots available?Would I be able to re-arrange a different time??

Thanks

Hiya,
Sorry for our late response. You may be able to arrange a different time slot but it would depend on the manager at the restaurant and their availability.
We would recommend that you contact the restaurant where your interview will be held to rearrange.
Hope that helps and good luck for your interview!
Reply 16
Hey,

I am just looking for a job, I got turned down after attending an interview like 2 months ago.

I just checked and I am able to work from 01/07/2015, I will be 16 and 1 month then, However I am just planning for a short term work, Would I be able to get this job for 1 month and then leave? that's the most I can do from 1st July.

Also how much they pay for me?
Would the pay be different, if I join a Mc in town or one by motorway because of how busy it would be?
Do they pay every 2 weeks?

Original post by Cazi7
Hey,

I am just looking for a job, I got turned down after attending an interview like 2 months ago.

I just checked and I am able to work from 01/07/2015, I will be 16 and 1 month then, However I am just planning for a short term work, Would I be able to get this job for 1 month and then leave? that's the most I can do from 1st July.

Also how much they pay for me?
Would the pay be different, if I join a Mc in town or one by motorway because of how busy it would be?
Do they pay every 2 weeks?

I'm not sure that McDonald's employ temps for a month, I may be wrong. If they do, it may take a couple of weeks for you to actually get the job, do you have time for that?

I worked at McDonald's when I was 17 and I was paid £5.05 but it obviously depends on which one you're situated at. I'm sure they now pay monthly as opposed to fortnightly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending