The Student Room Group

Withdrawal

Hello.

I chose 5 Universities originally but my least favourite has offered me an interview. At present, I do not want to go to the Interview as have offers from 2 of my favourite universities.

I am curious what are ALL the repercussions of withdrawing my application to chosen university? I understand I won't be able to apply again which does not bother me. I'm just worried of the other possible repercussions of withdrawing permanently. Do the other universities find out? Will I be able to go through CLEARING (Worst case scenario) if I withdraw permanently from one of my choices.

Any advise would be most appreciated :smile:
No repercussions, and other unis won't care.

You'd have to withdraw from b be rejected all 5 choices to enter Extra / Clearing though

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Origami Bullets
No repercussions, and other unis won't care.

You'd have to withdraw from b be rejected all 5 choices to enter Extra / Clearing though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think that where Im worried. I won't have been rejected by all 5 will I if I withdraw from one?

I'd hate to think I will be rejected by the others but if I have to be rejected by all in order to go through Clearing then I'm stuck :frown:
Reply 3
I withdrew from one of my choices. No other repercussions :smile:
Original post by RHCPfan
I withdrew from one of my choices. No other repercussions :smile:

Thanks - might look up clearing and see if I would qualify in worst case scenario. I just don't want to do anything that could spoil my chances of going to Uni this year :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by figuresk8rstudent
Thanks - might look up clearing and see if I would qualify in worst case scenario. I just don't want to do anything that could spoil my chances of going to Uni this year :smile:

Do you not think you'll achieve the offers you've been given?
I do have faith in my ability to do well in upcoming exams.
I just want to be fully prepared for just in case :smile:
Original post by figuresk8rstudent
Think that where Im worried. I won't have been rejected by all 5 will I if I withdraw from one?

I'd hate to think I will be rejected by the others but if I have to be rejected by all in order to go through Clearing then I'm stuck :frown:

Withdrawing from one doesn't mean that you lose all five places :nah:

You can still go through Clearing if you miss your grades - indeed, that's the reason that the vast majority of people end up going through Clearing. There's a guide to Clearing here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/guide_to_clearing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending