The Student Room Group

What do YOU think is the biggest problem with the UK education system?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by TheBigGeek
I've been thinking a lot about education in the UK and was wondering what everyone's biggest issue with how they've been educated is - I might write a project on it. I'd love with get some personal views!

It's the focus on examination results, they're training kids to pass exams, this is WRONG, so Wrong that it's killing our ability to be creative. Our country used to be Great, when we were leaders in creativity!
We need to help everyone enjoy education, be stimulated to be creative, to love education, to love learning.
Enjoy life to the full, go out there and create something wonderful!
(old style grammar school educated..fed up of todays education system)!
The teachers

Most teachers always seem to say o their students they don't care if they pass or fail because they'll still get paid. Which encourages kids to mess around more.

The fact that teachers don't listen to their students. Best example will be my brother who couldn't really understand his history teacher when he asked his course manager to change teachers they ignored him and told him things can't work they way he wants. The result? He became a A/B to an F student.

PE teachers force kids to do exercise which is understandable but the fact you are standing their with coats and yelling at the students for being cold is pathetic.

Teachers now show favouritism and don't even bother to hide it. This causes other students sometimes to feel awkward. Best example will be me, I never really cared about teachers favourites but when I got to gcse English and the teacher decided to ignore me because she wanted to talk to the students she like and not teach te class did frustrate me.

Teachers can get away with bullying! My teacher first year was horrible and made me cry constantly! He was obviously racist and hated me and another girl who was the same race as me. I hated going his class and my grades dropped horribly. He wanted to kick me out of college but luckily by then I complained about him. Still nothing much happened he was still my teacher, my grades were bad and he didn't get in trouble instead promoted!

Teachers constantly call home for nothing. They give students detention for nothing. And then complain to parents about nothing! My brother was 2 min later to class so they gave him an hour detention after school. He didn't go and frankly me and my parents didn't care because it was unfair. The annoying teachers however decided to call home and complain when we couldn't care less.

It's the teachers job to ensure the student gets the best possible teaching and understands and asks for help. It's parents job to keep an eye on the child's education and make sure everything is going well.

However I disagree that the parents should deal with the child's behaviour since they aren't going school to behave well but to learn. Many students aren't goody goody they still get good grades. The teachers should learn to deal with hormonal teens instead of challenging them and cause a conflict.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending