The Student Room Group

Mixed signals from a girl, Help!

Dear all,

I apologise in advance for this essay

SO I like this girl (call her J) and I think she likes me back. We have being looking at each other for the last two months and saw some positive body language. She is a very shy person

She has a best female friend and they are always together since last year (currently year 2 at uni, call her friend M)

So yesterday I had my balls and talked to both of them in the student union with my friend they both smiled and acted nicely. Next, me and my friend had a lecture with J but not M. I have sat next to J in the lecture hall as she is used to sit alone in that lecture

We have talked for around 10 minutes about random stuff and where she's from etc and she smiled a lot

The next day -today- I came early to the lecture and sat next to my friends. When I was looking into my bag she came in, only when she was about to sit somewhere else I've noticed her staring at me, didn't smile as it was for only 3 seconds and I wanted know if it's her or not

She sat next to her M and they left early. The next lecture I had sat next to her.. gave me the cold shoulder and started to talk to her friend all the time before the lecture, I have asked them something and they smiled and gave me a short answer and continued talking

Am I screwed? Should I continue on to add her on Facebook or sit next to her in lectures or she is not interested?

Thanks
Reply 1
Just tell her you're interest and is she interested back. You're never going to find out through silly eye contact games.
Original post by Anonymous

SO I like this girl (call her J)

Let's not. No one wants to read about a bunch of initials. Give them made up names if you want, no one will know or care.

Advice: Just talk to her. You can play guessing games all day and try to work out if the way she folds her hands means she's interested or not, or you can ask her and know for sure.
Dear all,

I apologise in advance for this essay

SO I like this girl (call her J) and I think she likes me back. We have being looking at each other for the last two months and saw some positive body language. She is a very shy person

She has a best female friend and they are always together since last year (currently year 2 at uni, call her friend M)

So yesterday I had my balls and talked to both of them in the student union with my friend they both smiled and acted nicely. Next, me and my friend had a lecture with J but not M. I have sat next to J in the lecture hall as she is used to sit alone in that lecture

We have talked for around 10 minutes about random stuff and where she's from etc and she smiled a lot

The next day -today- I came early to the lecture and sat next to my friends. When I was looking into my bag she came in, only when she was about to sit somewhere else I've noticed her staring at me, didn't smile as it was for only 3 seconds and I wanted know if it's her or not

She sat next to her M and they left early. The next lecture I had sat next to her.. gave me the cold shoulder and started to talk to her friend all the time before the lecture, I have asked them something and they smiled and gave me a short answer and continued talking

Am I screwed? Should I continue on to add her on Facebook or sit next to her in lectures or she is not interested?

Thanks

2 months? ****ing hell.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Just say something positive or ignore this thread, trolls

I would prefer if a girl answers this or a guy with experience
Reply 5
Just say something positive or ignore this thread, trolls

I would prefer if a girl answers this or a guy with experience

I am a guy with experience. You call someone a troll because they give you the answer you don't want to hear. You want someone to tell you you're right to mess about guessing signals for another two months until you're crying into your pillow because you aren't man enough to just go an ask her if she likes you back.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by james1211
I am a guy with experience. You call someone a troll because they give you the answer you don't want to hear. You want someone to tell you you're right to mess about guessing signals for another two months until you're crying into your pillow because you aren't man enough to just go an ask her if she likes you back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That wasn't nice
Reply 7
That wasn't nice

It's true though. See it all too many times. Someone posts almost daily in Relationships seeking affirmation that their shy guy approach is going to work then get furious at people telling them it won't.
Reply 8
Original post by james1211
It's true though. See it all too many times. Someone posts almost daily in Relationships seeking affirmation that their shy guy approach is going to work then get furious at people telling them it won't.

This is my first time posting here. No one will get furious at you if you don't insult them
Reply 9
This is my first time posting here. No one will get furious at you if you don't insult them

I think your second statement qualifies your first one pretty well. Welcome to TSR. You can be perfectly helpful and people will only hear what they want to hear, often insulting you for not backing up their wrong opinion on their own question.
That wasn't nice

The truth often isn't nice. At some point you have to man up

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending