The Student Room Group

Can't support Man Utd anymore...plaguing my mind like mad!

I cant do it anymore...the banter...the poor results anf potential drubbings...its too much for my mind to take along with my mum and dad seperating at such a crucial time near my exams.I wont fault my circumstances with poor grades.I know its down to me but MUFC is really depressing me and I really despise the team ive supported for 4-5 years of my16 year old life(majorly due to my best friends influence and comparissons between me and rio ferdinand).

I havent been a really loyal supporter and have said i support a number of clubs in the prem.Frankly im disgusted by that.Therefore I need to leave MUFC and support a team in a better postion,which for some reason makes me happier which leads to confidence.Any ideas who i should support?
Any tips for me to not get distracted by football my gcses in may.
Serious

Scroll to see replies

support your local club, or the club your family has an association with ie the club your dad/grandad supports.
Why not just stay a neutral and enjoy foootball for what it is?
If you can't stand losing once in a while, United doesn't want you, nor does any other team.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Salford City FC.
Haha you mid table teams suck!
Reply 5
Original post by scrawlx101
I need to leave MUFC and support a team in a better postion

You're doomed.

No team (in England, at least) will be a 'better position' permanently. Empires rise and fall all the time. If you're going to be a football supporter, you have to accept that. If you can't accept it, don't be a football supporter.
Reply 6
Ha
United are going through a bad spell but never rule us out, we'll be back. If you want to leave while we're down then dont return when we're winning.
You will be part of the largest group of people with a common feature in the world, all 600 million strong, before too long, the ex Manchester United supporter. Larger than the EU, only smaller than the number of people in China, India, or Roman Catholics.
Reply 9
Just support Bayern Munich and you'll be fine otherwise you have no hope if you support a team in the premier league.
Reply 10
Nice troll.
Reply 11
i dont have a problem with losing but with comments to do with "luck" it gets depressing...
OP is suffering from a serious case of Glory Hunting. No doubt, you follow United because they are the best - or at least they were, anyway.

I've followed the Swansea City from division 2 all the way up to the premier league. You have your ups and downs but you don't abandon the team you support because of a bad spell. The Swans might even get relegated this year - we've had a bad 10 games - but I won't go and suddenly support Chelsea because they are the winners.

Grow a pair and find yourself some actual loyalty... it's easy to follow a team that always wins
Oh boo ****ing hoo. So, one bad season, and you're going to bail on the team you're supposed to be a loyal supporter of? True United fans will support United even if we get relegated to the bottom division. We will support Manchester United until the death of the club or ourselves do us part.

Go on, leave if you wish. But when we're back, please don't be.
Reply 14
i dont feel such a xclose connection to man utd now.b4 u talk about growing pairs please bear in mind that im 16,i didnt take interest in football until year 4/5,my best mates were man utd fans,i still supported man u when city won the league,for the past 3years i havent been able to watch MU(i had freeview)
Original post by TheGreatPonderer
OP is suffering from a serious case of Glory Hunting. No doubt, you follow United because they are the best - or at least they were, anyway.

I've followed the Swansea City from division 2 all the way up to the premier league. You have your ups and downs but you don't abandon the team you support because of a bad spell. The Swans might even get relegated this year - we've had a bad 10 games - but I won't go and suddenly support Chelsea because they are the winners.

Grow a pair and find yourself some actual loyalty... it's easy to follow a team that always wins

This. It saddens me to say it, but there is a minority of glory supporting Man Utd fans who I think do the noble club a disservice.
Original post by scrawlx101
i dont feel such a xclose connection to man utd now.b4 u talk about growing pairs please bear in mind that im 16,i didnt take interest in football until year 4/5,my best mates were man utd fans,i still supported man u when city won the league,for the past 3years i havent been able to watch MU(i had freeview)

So? I'm the same age as you.

When city won the league, united were still top 3 and nobody would dare say another English club were objectively better. It would come down to a couple of bad games or an injury. Now, we can say that it isn't down to a couple of bad games and the management of the team is objectively worse (Fergie will be missed).

Pick a team and stick with it. Local is best because you don't need free-view to watch games with mates/your dad etc
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
Birmingham city. I dare you.
Original post by redferry
Birmingham city. I dare you.

Donbe stewpid ew arf soaked cow. Birmingham is **** aynit. Blimin' wenches.
Reply 19
Original post by TheGreatPonderer
Donbe stewpid ew arf soaked cow. Birmingham is **** aynit. Blimin' wenches.

You do realise the Black Country isn't in Birmingham?

Quick Reply

Latest