The Student Room Group

'Chocolate Digestives revelation could change the face of biscuit eating forever'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/chocolate-digestives-revelation-could-change-the-face-of-biscuit-eating-forever-9219218.html

Biscuits in fact have the chocolate on the bottom of the biscuit, not the top, McVitie's have confirmed, meaning Digestives, Hobnobs and more have a history of being eaten the wrong way up.

"For your information," a spokesperson wrote, "the biscuits go through a reservoir of chocolate which enrobes them so the chocolate is actually on the bottom of the biscuits and not on the top."

I was considering posting this in the international section but opted for here instead. Ground-breaking news, I'm sure you'll agree.

So have you been eating these biscuits the wrong way round?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by addylad
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/weird-news/chocolate-digestives-revelation-could-change-the-face-of-biscuit-eating-forever-9219218.html

I was considering posting this in the international section but opted for here instead. Ground-breaking news, I'm sure you'll agree.

Well then they put them in the packets upside down too, and in their biscuit tins, etc
Original post by Jamerson
Well then they put them in the packets upside down too, and in their biscuit tins, etc

This tallies with my experience. Could just be propaganda of some sort. But how will we ever know?
Reply 3
I will never look at chocolate digestives the same again...
Reply 4
Original post by addylad

I've been eating them upside down, but not "the wrong way round". How else are you supposed to avoid getting chocolate on your fingertips? :wink:
Reply 5
Don't listen to these heretics, the chocolate is the top :cry2:
Reply 6
I've always eaten them so the chocolate is on the bottom... I thought that was normal!
Original post by Kaeseia
I will never look at chocolate digestives the same again...

I had to read the article three times for it to sink in. It's like A level Chemistry when they tell you the GCSE taught structure of atoms was a lie.

Original post by Blackacre
I've been eating them upside down, but not "the wrong way round". How else are you supposed to avoid getting chocolate on your fingertips? :wink:

I've never really worried to much about that. But I remember my music teacher used to slide entire digestives into his mouth, almost like inserting a Blu-Ray into a PS3, which avoids the problem altogether I suppose.
But then when the chocolate melts you'll get it all over your hands!
Original post by Flauta
Don't listen to these heretics, the chocolate is the top :cry2:

I thought the same at first, my friend. You can blame these dissenters, but the movement is growing and it's backed by the manufacturers.

Original post by Josh_B
I've always eaten them so the chocolate is on the bottom... I thought that was normal!

Certainly not where I hail from; perhaps it's a cultural thing?

Original post by ILovePancakes

See above, I tend to take precautions so I can deal with the fallout.
Original post by addylad
I've never really worried to much about that. But I remember my music teacher used to slide entire digestives into his mouth, almost like inserting a Blu-Ray into a PS3, which avoids the problem altogether I suppose.

Nice analogy! :lol:
Reply 11
I dunk them in my coffee, and take no stock in what way up they are.
Original post by Blackacre
Nice analogy! :lol:

Thanks! I can still visualise it to this day.

Original post by Gillybop
I dunk them in my coffee, and take no stock in what way up they are.

How very reckless of you!
Reply 13
Original post by addylad

Certainly not where I hail from; perhaps it's a cultural thing?

If by cultural then copying how my parents/grandparents are them then yeah.
But from my POV the writing of biscuits is on the top whether they be chocolate or plain.
Reply 14
Original post by addylad
Thanks! I can still visualise it to this day.

How very reckless of you!

To be fair, it was ignorance on my part, my parents never brought me up to respects the etiquette in biscuit eating. They couldn't afford the private tuition, or biscuits.
Reply 15
Original post by addylad
I had to read the article three times for it to sink in. It's like A level Chemistry when they tell you the GCSE taught structure of atoms was a lie.

Yes, yes it is! I thought it was a familiar feeling :mad:

Original post by addylad

Well, I now have a new method to try!
Don't even think I notice which side is on top, they just got dunked in my tea. Not had one in ages though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 17
Original post by Staceyc1990
Don't even think I notice which side is on top, they just got dunked in my tea. Not had one in ages though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Admit it, you thought the chocolate side was the top.
Reply 18
Original post by ILovePancakes

Do you live in the desert or do you eat at a snail pace? A normal person England would never see it melt.
Original post by crayz
Do you live in the desert or do you eat at a snail pace? A normal person England would never see it melt.

I dunk it. The steam of the tea melts the chocolate.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending