The Student Room Group

Which degrees for my A-Levels?

I am my first year of Sixth Form and have chosen to take A Levels in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Computing. I thoroughly enjoy all of these subjects but would prefer a university course not orientated around Biology (as this is perhaps my least favourite of the four). I am expected to do well in the subjects and have aspirational grades of A* in each of them. Does anyone have any suggestions as to degree courses I could apply for when the time comes next year? Remember I don't do Maths so this may be trickier than expected!
Reply 1
Do what you think you would enjoy. Don't just do something because you think it's impressive/will please parents and so on...Many people take degrees like maths not because they enjoy them but because it is respected and employable. If you want to do say a degree in Anthropology then do it. Life's too short for regrets.
Reply 2
Medicine? Dentistry?
Reply 3
My thanks for the quick response. In my sixth form interview I felt heavily pressured to go down the medicine route but have managed to avoid it. As you said, I cannot see myself enjoying a medicine course and so I pointedly refused. I am simply finding it hard to find degrees I would like to do at universities I would like to go to, and that would accept my subject combination (as, I'm sure, does everyone at some point). Thank you for your advice.
Original post by klump
I am my first year of Sixth Form and have chosen to take A Levels in Biology, Chemistry, Physics and Computing. I thoroughly enjoy all of these subjects but would prefer a university course not orientated around Biology (as this is perhaps my least favourite of the four). I am expected to do well in the subjects and have aspirational grades of A* in each of them. Does anyone have any suggestions as to degree courses I could apply for when the time comes next year? Remember I don't do Maths so this may be trickier than expected!

This website might be of use to you.

Quick Reply

Latest