The Student Room Group

London Metropolitan Police should be institutionally racist: against white people

London's Metropolitan Police will have to recruit one ethnic minority officer for every white officer they take on, according to radical plans to end accusations of racism.

Police chief Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe called for a change to the law to allow 'positive discrimination' and recruit more officers of black and ethnic minority origin.
Sir Bernard wants to adopt the scheme so that the force ends up "looking and feeling" like London, 40 percent of whose population is now ethnic minority.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/03/28/London-Police-Should-Recruit-One-Minority-Officer-for-Every-White-Officer-says-Chief

The notion that one should celebrate this conception of "diversity" which effectively limits the right of the indigenous population of this nation to hold roles in its institutions whilst actively promoting other groups in their stead is deeply disturbing.

Scroll to see replies

you can't be racist againt white people, the structural oppression isn't there. even if they do introduce positive discrimination (and they should), white people being slightly less advantaged in one particular fied of employment does not equal racism
Reply 2
Can't fight discrimination with discrimination. End racism by stop making race an issue!

I am so sick of damn liberals trying to fight fire with fire. Its not fair that someone should lose their dream job because the other guy is a different colour!

Best scores = Job

They have already lowered fitness standards for police officers because a lot of women couldn't meet the standard. Thats why we have fat bobbys now!
Reply 3
Original post by andiewithanie
you can't be racist againt white people, the structural oppression isn't there. even if they do introduce positive discrimination (and they should), white people being slightly less advantaged in one particular fied of employment does not equal racism

Why are you anti-white?
i'm not anti-white, i'm just concerned that people of colour being under represented in the police force has a huge impact on the oppression they face in day to day life. but if that's your response to my reply then i can see this conversation isn't going to go anywhere.

[video="youtube;ybDa0gSuAcg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybDa0gSuAcg[/video]
Reply 5

You can't be racist against white people? You know how uneducated and racist you sound right now?

Racism is looking at one race in a positive or negative light, to discriminate. Which to discriminate is basically to see difference. By saying that you can't be racist against white people is to discriminate white people... to set them aside from other humans...

What does that mean? You are a racist!

Know what kills racism? Education! Go get educated before you open your mouth!
Reply 6
i'm not anti-white, i'm just concerned that people of colour being under represented in the police force has a huge impact on the oppression they face in day to day life. but if that's your response to my reply then i can see this conversation isn't going to go anywhere.

This prevarication (basically "ends justify the means") might make you feel good but the upshot of your policy proposal is that white people will be openly and legally discriminated against.
Original post by revron77
You know how uneducated and racist you sound right now?

syntactically this is a statement but it has a question mark at the end, can you confirm which it is before i reply?
Original post by thesabbath
This prevarication (basically "ends justify the means") might make you feel good but the upshot of your policy proposal is that white people will be openly and legally discriminated against.

until such time as they cease to be underrepresented, yes. well done for working that out.

it's worth pointing out that 'discriminated against' is misleading.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
syntactically this is a statement but it has a question mark at the end, can you confirm which it is before i reply?

Ever heard of a rhetorical question?
yes, but they still need to conform to grammatical conventions.
Reply 11
yes, but they still need to conform to grammatical conventions.

Stop being autistic!
Reply 12
until such time as they cease to be underrepresented, yes. well done for working that out.

This "representation" idea is Marxist social engineering. It seems that you wish the institutions of this nation to be re-ordered by the State according to the "need" of various client groups to be represented.

But why would any white British person who is not of communist bent want to accept legislation which dictates that public bodies should discriminate against them and their offspring when hiring?

Couple apartheid positive discrimination with sociological realities such as 'white flight' and you soon encounter enclaves in which there are either very few whites or very few non-whites.
Oddly enough one rarely hears calls for white areas to reject diversity when hiring. Apparently that would be "racist".
Original post by thesabbath
This "representation" idea is Marxist social engineering. It seems that you wish the institutions of this nation to be re-ordered by the State according to the "need" of various client groups to be represented.

But why would any white British person who is not of communist bent want to accept legislation which dictates that public bodies should discriminate against them and their offspring when hiring?

Couple apartheid positive discrimination with sociological realities such as 'white flight' and you soon encounter enclaves in which there are either very few whites or very few non-whites.
Oddly enough one rarely hears calls for white areas to reject diversity when hiring. Apparently that would be "racist".

i wish the institutions of the state to represent, racially, the society they serve. and i would extend similar legislation to women in the workplace, as has been done in other non-communist european countries.

as for the old slippery slope argument? let's not :wink:

look, i'm sure your polemics are great fun in the student bar and the 6th form common room, and lord knows i can sympathise with your liberal baiting - many's the time while reading the grauniad my eyes have rolled so hard i thought they were gonna come up cherries. but if sociology has any purpose at all (and that's arguable), it's in the identification of inequality and the sometimes crude application of public policy in an effort to correct matters. it may not work in the way intended, but by highlighting these issues people begin to take them more seriously and consider their own attitudes, thereby correcting the attitudes that gave rise to the problem in the first place.
(edited 10 years ago)
This reminds me of years ago when they had no whites allowed when recruiting for firefighters. What happened? nobody applied.Because more whites want to become firefighters and police officers over non-whites we have to be persecuted because of it?
It's like when people complain about a lack of women builders. Clearly it's the builder's hatred of women because no woman I have met have never not had an interest in building.

Are you a Left-wing Poe? I've seen a few of your posts and you seem to be trying too hard to be a stereotypical loony leftist.
loony lefty? ****sakes fella - how 80s are you?
loony lefty? ****sakes fella - how 80s are you?

Remember to quote the person you're responding to. Otherwise you seem like a computer illiterate.
Original post by Snagprophet
It's like when people complain about a lack of women builders. Clearly it's the builder's hatred of women because no woman I have met have never not had an interest in building.

This is why I just feel enforcing quotas is any job based on sex, race or income is ultimately going to fail, since you create an uneven playing field for applicants, which can reduce the overall quality of the workforce.

I'd hope that people of all races would be accepted into the police force, but trying to enforce this through regulation such as the one proposed is simply counter-intuitive to the quality of the police force.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending