The Student Room Group

London Metropolitan Police should be institutionally racist: against white people

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by andiewithanie
that's a no then? fair play for fessing up

Thank you Andie my racist sexist friend for presuming things and instead of tackling me on points... rather try to insult my intelligence. At least when I insult someone I make a case and point... though I understand Andie. Can be a bother spending time to get involved in a real debate. Easier to sit at the side insulting people :wink:
Original post by thesabbath
Why are you anti-white?

Why are you anti-logic?
Reply 62
The whole idea of the police being racist and most of 'racism' in general is a load of rubbish.

Police stop and search, overall far far, far many more while peoplt than they do black. So by some people's 'logic', they already are racist towards white people.
With Ukip looking forward to the Euro elections and anticipating doing well, if I was more of a conspiracy theorist I would think Hogan Howe was a secret weapon for them.
The timing of this anouncment couldnt have been better for them and must be worth many thousands of votes.
Original post by Pegasus2
The whole idea of the police being racist and most of 'racism' in general is a load of rubbish.

Police stop and search, overall far far, far many more while peoplt than they do black. So by some people's 'logic', they already are racist towards white people.

This is bull**** :lol:, the police stop Black and Asian people more. Why is it White people want to always play the oppressed card.
Perhaps he means in pure over all numbers.
I have read that BMEs are stopped disproprtionately.
So are working class chav types. The police know that it is a short cut to results.
BMEsare disproptionately involved in crime, unfortnate but true.
Maybe if they had quotas for all types in society to s and s there would be no complaints.
Well, maybe fom the little old ladies, but you never know. :-)
you can't be racist againt white people, the structural oppression isn't there. even if they do introduce positive discrimination (and they should), white people being slightly less advantaged in one particular fied of employment does not equal racism

This is nonsense. Lee Jasper has tried that argument too. It's a fallacy.
it is? well that's settled that then
This debate died quickly, lol
Thomas Sowell is a legend.
Reply 70
Original post by thesabbath
London's Metropolitan Police will have to recruit one ethnic minority officer for every white officer they take on, according to radical plans to end accusations of racism.

Police chief Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe called for a change to the law to allow 'positive discrimination' and recruit more officers of black and ethnic minority origin.
Sir Bernard wants to adopt the scheme so that the force ends up "looking and feeling" like London, 40 percent of whose population is now ethnic minority.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/03/28/London-Police-Should-Recruit-One-Minority-Officer-for-Every-White-Officer-says-Chief

The notion that one should celebrate this conception of "diversity" which effectively limits the right of the indigenous population of this nation to hold roles in its institutions whilst actively promoting other groups in their stead is deeply disturbing.

They have obviously decided the Police are not capable of not being institutionally racist, so this is the next best option
Reply 71
The Met has bent over backwards to try and recruit more ethnic minorities since the MacPherson Report in 1999. Now it's about time the managers of the Met learned to stand up to false accusations of racism. The Met is not racist and abhors racism in any of its staff and does not tolerate it. The racism these days seems to come from the public towards the police. To accuse the police of racism is wrong if it's not true. What's more, because of pressure from the liberal public, which then translates into pressure from the House of Commons, the Met's focus these days is sadly more about APPEASING CRIMINALS and REDUCING THE FEAR OF CRIME as opposed to CATCHING CRIMINALS and REDUCING CRIME. It has become so frightened of being sued from false allegations of racism against them, that it's hierarchy are concerned more about public image than reducing crime. Hogan-Howe is a govt yes man, not a man of principle, and does not have the balls to be the strong leader who can carry the Met forward. He's a disgrace to the uniform.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 72
it is? well that's settled that then

What settles if you can be racist to a white person is a 10 second look at the Oxford Dictionary... well it would if your not dyslexic.
Reply 73
Original post by darkface.
They have obviously decided the Police are not capable of not being institutionally racist, so this is the next best option

The best option should never be having to use "positive" racism to get quotas.

Do what we do in NI. Get events running in under-represented communities to promote positive relations and recruitment.

I have a black friend in the MET. He personally believes the only issue is the lack of applicants from the areas, not the MET going out to reject minority applicants.
Original post by revron77
My point, which was made very clear. That there are no laws in current effect that grant white privilege and as such it does not exist because the governmental foundations are not there. So you reply to that point by bringing up an abolished law that granted white privilege because of the lack of privileges blacks had during the time... AND NOW... you are telling me Jim Crow wasn't a law that did grant white privilege - As you said "As it was a society in which there undisputably was white privilege, but no legislating explicitly granting privileges" Geee if you are going to try and challenge me, at least read your examples first. Bloody hell man! It only takes a quick read to see how devasting Jim Crow was to the black population in the US.

I said that Jim Crow did not grant explicit privileges to whites, but, due to both the way it was applied (i.e. 'separate but equal' was never remotely equal) and the distribution of wealth and power in the Southern US at the time, it did grant de facto privileges to whites.

As for my example, can you please stop trying to do the pseudo-intellectual act.

I'm responding to your points. I'm not doing any act and I now think you're just looking for reasons to try and talk about something other than the actual thread topic.

I mean I am sorry if using two different topics as a comparison gets you all OCD. But do you really need to link wish-washy made up wiki pages by philosophical students? Law is a reaction to the physical world, just crying that can't be proven because you know how links work doesn't make that argument invalid. In fact if you believe that law isn't a reaction to the physical world, I really don't know what paradigm you live in kid.

You didn't 'use two different topics as a comparison'. You posted some irrelevant nonsense about the Black Death which you tried to pretend was somehow analogous to laws and social phenomena, and are retrospectively trying to justify it with more nonsense such as "Law is a reaction to the physical world", which is a meaningless statement. I don't agree or disagree with it because there is nothing to agree or disagree with. If you claim otherwise, then please expand or provide a link of some sort.

And 'Not even wrong' is a reasonably well known argumental term. You can google it if you want; there's also a page on Wikipedia. I just prefer to use the RationalWiki page because I think it explains it better.

Now if you do wish to reply to me in the future, I'd really ask you provide arguments rather than trying to get me involved in some word play games.

I gave an argument. Your only attempted response to it was a claim that because the society I referred to is in the past in a different country, it is somehow therefore irrelevant, and then you resorted to trying to pick at things like what you perceive as my tone instead.

I mean is it really that hard to ask of a liberal?

Implying I'm a liberal.
Original post by revron77

I have a black friend

lool
Reply 76
Original post by anarchism101
I said that Jim Crow did not grant explicit privileges to whites, but, due to both the way it was applied (i.e. 'separate but equal' was never remotely equal) and the distribution of wealth and power in the Southern US at the time, it did grant de facto privileges to whites.

I wish to apologize anarchism, I misunderstood your argument at the time while I was in *debate mode*. So I shall admit I was completely wrong in how I interpreted what you said. I am sorry for the grief I have caused as a result.

lool

Something funny about me having a black friend in the MET?
Reply 77
Original post by Kruz
This is bull**** :lol:, the police stop Black and Asian people more. Why is it White people want to always play the oppressed card.

I meant over all in England & Wales.

That doesn't change the point of my arguement though.

People will always cry racism if they can, even if they are involve in crime.

Statistically (from Wiki)

They account for 2% of the population
Black people are more likely to:

Be searched 14.6%
Be arrested 8%
Be in prison 13.7%
Be involved in crime.

Anyway, in England and Wales, for 2009/2010, 67% of stop and searches were on white people, clearly racism there....see how stupid this all is?

To be effective in cracking down on crime, you know what types of people are more likely to commit crime. You gain this though experiance or can see it in statistics, therefore you're going to want to stop them moe often of be mroe active in there area.

You still need a reason or suspision to search and what i've said does not constitute that.
i'm not anti-white, i'm just concerned that people of colour being under represented in the police force has a huge impact on the oppression they face in day to day life. but if that's your response to my reply then i can see this conversation isn't going to go anywhere.

[video="youtube;ybDa0gSuAcg"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybDa0gSuAcg[/video]

Yeah because having more non-white policemen is going to remedy Racism:rolleyes:

Moreover this is disgusting on so many levels what's wrong with the London Metropolitan Police force being mainly White England is a predominately White Country last time i checked. If more and more non-Whites want to join the force out of their own volition. Then fine no problem of course, but when you discriminate against White People then it is.
Reply 79
I don't get why people are assuming that because they're hiring more ethnic minority's the quality of policing will decline? I get the "best man for the job" thing, but who's to say that this non-white guy isn't at the same skill level of the white guy who could of got hired? I'm assuming that before they enforced this, they did have a high number of eligible candidates that met the criteria to be hired, but weren't being hired anyway.
I've been in London, seeing white policemen with guns having a hard look at the Asian and Indian passer bys sometimes even my friends, and it puts people on edge as It's not like the police don't have a history of racial motivated violence, and if this helps combat it, and makes people feel more protected I'm all for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending