The Student Room Group

GIRLS - What kind of guy would you NOT date?

Personality wise

:confused:

Scroll to see replies

Someone rude, a 'lad', unambitious, not well spoken, dumb, etc.
Reply 2
Someone rude, arrogant, careless, not at all thoughtful, unorganised (e.g always late to everything) unambitious, thinks it's 'cool' to be uneducated, doesn't enjoy reading/learning, not funny/kind, lazy, doesn't care about appearance (weight/skin/hair/clothes/hygiene), doesn't care about their body (overweight/smokes/drinks excessively all the time and isn't a uni student).... There are lots!

Most of these traits, if not all, apply to friends too though not just potential partners.
A typical LAD
Someone who is lazy, ignorant, rude, boring or stupid.
Original post by acciolucy
drinks excessively all the time and isn't a uni student

Lol. Why does that apparently make it ok?
Reply 6
Lads.. I just don't like them. Or a guy with no drive. Not even because I hate people with no drive. I'm just really ambitious.
Rude, arrogant, no ambition, uneducated
uneducated , arrogant , aggressive , rude , avolitional , loud and flirty

flirting with me , fine , flirting with EVERYONE? hop on m8
Reply 9
typical lads ugh... and unintelligent guys. intelligence is hot :wink:
Reply 10
Rude, egotistical, narrow minded, self absorbed, vain (they must care about appearance but not too much)
Someone rude, arrogant, careless, not at all thoughtful, unorganised (e.g always late to everything) unambitious, thinks it's 'cool' to be uneducated, doesn't enjoy reading/learning, not funny/kind, lazy, doesn't care about appearance (weight/skin/hair/clothes/hygiene), doesn't care about their body (overweight/smokes/drinks excessively all the time and isn't a uni student).... There are lots!

Most of these traits, if not all, apply to friends too though not just potential partners.
How many of the above traits in a person is a deal breaker?
Reply 12
Lack of intelligence, unambitious, arrogant, no sense of humour..

Personally, I don't think having a degree is a prerequisite for success. Just look at some of the most successful business men in the world; a huge proportion of them didn't finish uni.
Just to clarify, by dumb, do you girls mean 'TSR dumb' or 'normal dumb'?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by FireGarden
Lol. Why does that apparently make it ok?

Oh I mean at uni it's a social norm and it wouldn't really bother me, but I personally find people who drink excessively/obsess over alcohol kinda immature sometimes like having a 'tehehe we're gonna get drunk', it's just a personal thing :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by SuperDuperNoob
How many of the above traits in a person is a deal breaker?

I know it's a long list! Well it really depends on the person, those are just general things which would put me off. Of course if someone didn't have the greatest fashion sense/didn't care about what they wore or were a bit unorganised it wouldn't really bother me so long as they were nice otherwise. But if someone's arrogant/rude or any equally important traits then it'd be an instant deal breaker for me!
Reply 16
Oh I mean at uni it's a social norm and it wouldn't really bother me, but I personally find people who drink excessively/obsess over alcohol kinda immature sometimes like having a 'tehehe we're gonna get drunk', it's just a personal thing :smile:

Aye sometimes I think someone can get away with certain bad characteristics because everyone else is guilty of those very same characteristics, so its more "group think" than that person making a bad and uninformed decision. An addiction to alcohol or tobacco could be as a result of a deeper root cause in someone's emotional state that would effectively exist as a red flag when someone comes to evaluate that person's personality. However, as long as they're just jumping on the bandwagon, it's fine.
Reply 17
Typical guys I guess

Loud, rude, arrogant, cold etc

Posted from TSR Mobile
So many girls saying they don't like lads, but then how do lads manage to get and bang chicks by the truckload? :confused:
Reply 19
Original post by LiviL97
Typical guys I guess

Loud, rude, arrogant, cold etc

Posted from TSR Mobile

how is that "typical"? :hmmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending