The Student Room Group

Spanish GCSE - Memorise 500 Words

Please give me a few tips to learn how to remember it. It is for the 1st April
I had to do almost the same thing but in French..

This will be a lot easier if you know the words which you have to learn but if you dont then try replacing the words with ones you do know BUT CHECK they make sense after it.

Split the text into sections or paragraphs and aim to learn 1 every 2 or 3 days but keep recapping after you know it.

If you are just away to start now you have left it incredibly late which was an idiotic mistake.

Posted from TSR Mobile
do you mean 500 separate words or like for coursework?

if it's 500 separate words , i advise using brainscape.com - i can help you work out how to create the flashcards , but it's so easy. i currently have 3500 flashcards for spanish alone and i do A2 :P

if it's for an assessment , i split it into paragraphs and learn a paragraph a night - i have a memory where i can read it off the paper as long as i read the paragraph enough outloud , so try that? but ultimately you have to work out what works for you

i would say that i didn't learn many words for GCSE , especially not 500 - i think i just winged it in my assessments and i got an A :')

if you need practice or want me to correct any work for you , just send me a message :smile:
For me it was just a matter of cold, hard repetition, but I guess everyone's different. You could use flashcards, split it up into sections or record it and listen to it on your phone to and from school for example.
Aren't you allowed a dictionary into the classroom?
Reply 5
I had to do the exact same, is it a writing or speaking.
Reply 6
It's for the reading and listening tests - our teacher gave us a booklet with some obscure words the exam board might give instead of the obvious.
Reply 7
How did your test go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending