The Student Room Group

How can I improve my focus & concentration for exams?

I was thinking about taking some stuff to help with concentration during an exam, not so much for the build up. I find it hard to focus on the exam, so i am wondering which is the best to take to improve concentration during an exam?
Reply 1
Don't take red bull and pro plus unless you want to end up like Will from the Inbetweeners.
I wouldn't recommend you take any form of drug to help with your performance - the best thing for you to do would be to get a good night's sleep the night before and have something with good nutritional value to eat beforehand, to help boost your brain's ability.

Also, try to keep your stress levels to a minimum during the build up towards your exams - don't cram in too much revision, if you give your brain some rest you'll absorb more information and therefore improve how you perform.

Hope we've helped!
Reply 3
This isn't a drug as such, but apparently almonds are good to take before exams!
No point taking something for the first time on an exam day, if you experience side effects then you could be completely screwed. I wouldn't recommend taking anything but definitely don't take something for a real exam that you haven't tried for a mock.
Heat up Red Bull in saucepan.

Three teaspoons of coffee and three teaspoons of sugar in a mug.

Pour hot Red Bull in the mug and stir until coffee and sugar are (more or less) dissolved.

Drink.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by siamakdie
I was thinking about taking some stuff to help with concentration during an exam, not so much for the build up. I find it hard to focus on the exam, so i am wondering which is the best to take to improve concentration during an exam?

It's not that serious

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Caffeine somewhere between increasing focus and Will from Inbetweeners is a good shout.

Hell even nicotine if it's one off.
(edited 10 years ago)
I find I struggle to focus on learning/ revision of the content, never the actual exam as the time limit forces you to focus.

All I can recommend is good sleep the night before (NO phone in bed, no stressing about exam) and in the morning have a nice breakfast (Weetabix, Bananas and Coffee)
******** for focus?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by siamakdie

itsConnor_
x

Hi there,

You might want to check out our rules on discussion regarding "exam-enhancing drugs" - the full wiki is here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/study_help_guidelines Although some of these drugs are prescription only we don't condone discussion on these because using them outside of medical guidelines can be so dangerous. Any further discussion focused on exam enhancing drug-taking will be warned as it breaks our community guidelines.

There are some really helpful tips on this thread on how to improve focus and performance naturally :smile:

If anyone has any questions let us know.

Good luck in your exams :tongue:

SR.

From wiki guidance: "Most of us spend hours trying to work out the most effective ways or revising for those all-important exams. For this some people like to go to extremes and seek support from “study-enhancing drugs”. However, the majority of the study-enhancing drugs which are most commonly used are illegal for use within the UK and many other countries."

(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending