The Student Room Group

Italian Unit 3 - Speaking Test June 2014

Hey everyone! I'm doing A2 Italian this year so I'll have to do unit 3 and unit 4. I wanted to ask a couple of questions to anyone that has done it before, how is the speaking test i.e. unit 3? The specification says that we have to outline an issue and take a stance towards it, and it can be any sort of issue. What did you guys talk about?
Reply 1
Hi :smile: I'm doing A Level Italian (Edexcel) this year. If it helps, I'm going to be speaking about 'la pena di morte'. I think the idea for this topic would be that you have an opinion on a certain subject and your teacher has to contradict you? An argument, basically.
Hope I helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Lara20
Hi :smile: I'm doing A Level Italian (Edexcel) this year. If it helps, I'm going to be speaking about 'la pena di morte'. I think the idea for this topic would be that you have an opinion on a certain subject and your teacher has to contradict you? An argument, basically.
Hope I helps :smile:

Hi:smile: Thank you very much, this is really helpful! I have know idea what to talk about :confused: what are you gonna say in those 5 minutes about "la pena di morte"
Reply 3
Awww cheers:smile: erm I'm going to mention stuff about human rights and how imprisonment would be better etc. My teacher will deliberately say reasons for it though, like it's cheaper and some of them have done really awful crimes. I just have to argue to justify my point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I see, it's good that you found something that you are interested in! I made this thread because I don't have a teacher for Italian so I have no one that can explain to me how is the exam gonna be, especially the oral one.
Reply 5
Really?!?! How are you learning?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Lara20
Really?!?! How are you learning?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm italian :smile:
Reply 7
Cool:smile: are you fluent then? I'm Italian too but the problem is that because my family speaks dialect it crosses over into 'proper' Italian when I try to speak it:frown:. Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I'm doing the exam too and I'm Italian too! I went on the edexcel website and found this:
http://www1.edexcel.org.uk/gce-oral-training-guides/italian/italian-otg.pdf

it's got everything you need. Buona fortuna :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Lara20
Cool:smile: are you fluent then? I'm Italian too but the problem is that because my family speaks dialect it crosses over into 'proper' Italian when I try to speak it:frown:. Any tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I think I'm fluent, at least I hope so! Any tips? I'd watch italian movies, that's what I did for english and it helped, it's not a very good advice but that's all I got, sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Ahh ok, I'd never thought of that! That's such a good idea, thanks!!:smile: Any film suggestions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Lara20
Ahh ok, I'd never thought of that! That's such a good idea, thanks!!:smile: Any film suggestions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know, the first movie that came up to my mind is "La Grande Bellezza" directed by Paolo Sorrentino, great movie and it's in italian 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Ok, sounds good! Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending