The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton vs Bristol vs Imperial (Aerospace)

Hey everyone!
I got an offer from all the unis above (luckily all doable). Although both Bristol and Imperial are more prestigious worldwide, I'm strongly considering firming SU Aeronautics and Astronautics BEng. And now I need your help on the following questions! :smile:

1) Is Imperial and Bristol that much better? I mean does the ranking really stand for itself? I crave for a hard workload. Is SU challenging enough in comparison with the former two? (I really don't know what it's like at any of these unis :biggrin: )

2) Having astronautics in the content, is Southampton worth choosing over Imperial and Bristol? I prefer this particular module in Southampton's course content.

3) I don't know yet, but I might try to go for a postgrade program in the US. Hence finishing a BEng degree seems better to me in this case. Meanwhile neither Bristol nor Imperial offers a BEng program; having a MEng finished, it is useless to pursue an MSc in the states. And if I wanted finish a MEng at either Bristol or Imperial I could apply to them after finishing my BEng at SU and having a year in industry. Is this reasonable?

I love SU. I just don't know if any of my reasons mentioned make sense. Help me point out the loopholes or reaffirm my standpoint please.

Thank you all in advance :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending