The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What do you guys reckon the grade boundaries for yesterday AS Level Physics GCE would be?

a =?
b = ?
c = ?
d = ?
e = ?
u = ?

I'm hoping that I smash unit 2 with 90-100% UMS = 53-61/80 raw marks, still fuming over I how Choked on the paper today.
Praying for low grade boundaries.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
What do you guys reckon the grade boundaries for yesterday AS Level Physics GCE would be?

a =?
b = ?
c = ?
d = ?
e = ?
u = ?

I'm hoping that I smash unit 2 with 90-100% UMS = 53-61/80 raw marks, still fuming over I how Choked on the paper today.

Reckon it'll be something like 49-51 for an A then decreasing down by 5 for each grade b, c, d...
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

a =?
b = ?
c = ?
d = ?
e = ?
u = ?

I always take about 80% as a rough idea for an A. No way I got an A in the physics exam tho! Went from 100% in my gcse physics to messing up so badly, ouchh!!
I'm praying I get a 'b' lol.

I hate my guts for being in this position however Thankfully I find the theoretical paper
far easier than mechanics unit 1 paper :smile:

I worked out funnily enough 100% (a) unit 2+ 100% (a) coursework + 50% unit 1 (d)
= 80% (a)

^ hahaha.

I expect a large number of physics students resitting this exam next year.
Original post by cerlohee
What I predict the boundaries will be:
100 UMS:53-57
90 UMS:48-52
A: 43-47
B:38-42
C:34-37
D:30-33
E:26-30

Or do you guys think this is too low? Considering this is TSR and I haven't found a single person that found it "easy", I'd say its justified?

It looks really low to be honest, I hope you're right though, I fear ive only gained 41 from that paper. I didn't even attempt 17 marks worth because i ran out of time
Original post by MathLife
dont u have to wait till 12?

Okay some of those answers are wrong
Original post by Jaydude
No I mean the multiple choice answer I got was C ie the change in velocity was 8 when ball bounced off that wall

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's -8 because I remember last year from momentum that you considered backwards direction negative. V-u= -4-4=-8
Posted from TSR Mobile
It will be 50 for an A I'm pretty sure. Jan 13 was 52, june 13 was 51. Even so, my average is f***ed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by easy.A.til.i.die
i think you multiply the diameter by 1.12 or whatever the the number was. subtract this new value from the original diameter that gives you your extension. then just use the formula F = KX as normal.... stupid me i did not do that though, i used 1.12 as the extension......... but thinking back now the paper was piss easy just need more time.

Yeah, I did that too but it took me a while to realise. Ran out of time as well :mad:
I seem to be the only person who found this paper methodical and straightforward. The placing of the marks was obvious to me based on terms and the expectations of the examiner. But regardless, best of luck in August to everyone!
I am temporarily closing this thread to clean it up as conversation appears to be moving off topic.
Has anyone made a unit 2/4/5 thread yet?
Original post by AG Singh
It looks really low to be honest, I hope you're right though, I fear ive only gained 41 from that paper. I didn't even attempt 17 marks worth because i ran out of time

What do you think 44/45 marks will be???
Original post by ProudGeekLoveIt
What do you think 44/45 marks will be???

I would say a VERY high C or a VERY low B depending on how the grade boundaries will be
Original post by AG Singh
I would say a VERY high C or a VERY low B depending on how the grade boundaries will be

Thanks, would hoping it would be better than that, I hope the Grade Boundaries aree low :wink: As I've put in soo much work, I want a good Grade

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ProudGeekLoveIt
Thanks, would hoping it would be better than that, I hope the Grade Boundaries aree low :wink: As I've put in soo much work, I want a good Grade

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know the feeling, I've put in tons of work for the exam and totally messed it up. I want to do Particle physics at uni but this exam will need to be retaken next year for sure. best of luck in august
Rahh I'm still crying about this!
Nahhh unit 2 was vile. I think unit 1 was doable
Have any of you looked at the mark schemes?
Original post by F.A.A.96
Nahhh unit 2 was vile. I think unit 1 was doable

I found them both pretty gross tbh. Defo got my worst grades in physics :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending