The Student Room Group

Travelling around Australia

Hey guys I am going to be travelling to Australia at the start of 2015 ,and wanted to know if anyone's going also around the same time ,also what's the best things to do over ,as travel for 5 months :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hiya :biggrin: I'm going travelling in Oz too! Flying into Sydney this November and doing 12 months backpacking. What are your plans?
Reply 2
Hey there ,yer i was also going to sydney on a work and holiday visa at the start of jan as i finish uni in july this year ,so i can work and travel out there and was think of doing a introduction week ,maybe with OZ intro or another company so i can meet new people and make friends ,then travelling around sydney ,along the gold coast and around there,diving ,surfing and lots more ,how about you whats your plans ?
Reply 3
Original post by Brybeina
Hiya :biggrin: I'm going travelling in Oz too! Flying into Sydney this November and doing 12 months backpacking. What are your plans?

Wow that sounds brilliant hope you have a good time! I've always thought of doing that after Uni :colondollar:
Reply 4
Is anyone else travelling to OZ around the start of 2015
Reply 5
Pretty much the same thing actually- east coast. Getting the greyhound bus up to caines and stopping along the way at whitsundays and magnetic island etc. hopefully do some diving (sea&sky) :tongue: what's that Oz into thing about then? Is it pricey?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by Ace Shaun
Wow that sounds brilliant hope you have a good time! I've always thought of doing that after Uni :colondollar:

Ah thank you :smile: You should! I just thought **** it one day, you know. No point saying I might, tomorrow might never come so you've got to just make things happen :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Well I was thinking of doing it as it starts off the week when you get there ,they pick you up from airport and you do differently things and meet new people in the week ,website is http://ozintro.com/ ,cost around £450 tho ,have as look :cool:
Reply 8
Hey! I'm having a gap year and I'm thinking of going to Australia in January.. I'm thinking of flying into cairns and out of Sydney and travelling down the South coast. I want to work while I travel so I can earn my way, are you planning on working aswell? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Yep I am planning on working out there as well on a working holiday visa hopefully close to the whole 12 months ,don't really mind what I do ,anything so I can continue travelling ,be good to meet up if your going around that time ,however I'll probably fly in to Sydney :smile:
Reply 10
Yeah that would be cool- are you going with an organisation? There's Australian paid work packages for around £300-£400 but I'm not sure if going to need help or not when I get there? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Hannaaah_S
Yeah that would be cool- are you going with an organisation? There's Australian paid work packages for around £300-£400 but I'm not sure if going to need help or not when I get there? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Was thinking of doing something like ozintro or ultimate oz for the first week so I get picked up from airport and plan things for first week and hopefully they can help me find me a job ,do you know what size rucksack or bag you are taking :smile:
Reply 12
Ah yeah, I'm thinking it's worth the few hundred quid for the employment connections as well :smile: just a large rucksack and a day bag.. Not planning in taking too much! What about you? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Hey, I am also looking into doing a gap year in Australia at the beginning of 2015... I have been doing research on this for quite some time now. I was looking at arranging my traveling via a company called AusJobs (http://ausjob.co.uk). Have any of you heard of this company?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Hey Ben! I haven't heard of that! The only companies I've looked into is Real Gap and Gap 360 which offer a few nights stay and sort you out with jobs during your stay! They both seem pretty legit so i'll probably go with one of those :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Ahh right see I haven't heard of the two you've mentioned, but I'm pretty sure they're similar in the things they provide. I've been looking at the work and travel package via AusJobs currently but I'm still not 100% which route to go down but I'm really set on the idea of doing a gap year in 2015 as I've wanted to do this for a number of years and don't really like the idea of going straight into serious work in the UK after finishing sixth form.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
What time of year are you thinking of going? The flights I've looked at seem so much more expensive in December-February😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Well I wanted to go around September time but after been given some advice and having a good think, I think January may be a better time as this will give me a little more time to save and ensure I have enough money as well as this I think it would be good to start my year of travel with a fresh year. How much are they roughly?? When I've looked at September they've been around £600

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Well over £1000, depending on which airline you go with😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Ohh 😕 I wasn't expecting that... How much are you planning to save all together? I was thinking around £3000, but I'll probably need closer to £4000 now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest