The Student Room Group

AQA Core 3 - Tuesday 10th June 2014 (AM) - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zozzy
No actually that makes a lot of sense so basically I just change all the negative x values back to positive and THEN stick them back into the equation. Thanks :biggrin:

Yes from my understanding however if the question was asking you to do modulus of f (x) and not modulus of (x) then you just reflect the negative part of the graph in the positive part....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by chloetheuincorn
I do this fun thing sometimes when I integrate and differentiate at the same time. It's so great. :s-smilie:

Would be great if this came up!
Do we need to know about obtuse and acute angles at all for Core 3? Because they confuse me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lukejohnston13
Do we need to know about obtuse and acute angles at all for Core 3? Because they confuse me

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's core 4
Reply 84
can anyone help me on the order of transformations! i always get confused:confused:
thanks
Guys whats the hardest paper you've come across. I've been busy revising for chemistry so now need to do some maths. Please help me!
Reply 86
Original post by harsh.boy365
Guys whats the hardest paper you've come across. I've been busy revising for chemistry so now need to do some maths. Please help me!

Hi, every paper has some tricky question I personally am going through the recent papers, if you want you can check the grade boundaries to see which one was a tough one.
Aqa has a website where you can convert raw marks to ums converter you can have a look at the grade boundries on there. Hope this helps. By the way did you OCR F334 chemistry paper?
(edited 9 years ago)
How's everyone feeling for tomorrow? I feel prepared, but let's see what AQA throw at us >_<

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 88
If AQA follow OCR after todays F324 paper then we aren't in for much fun...
Reply 89
Original post by ally9623
can anyone help me on the order of transformations! i always get confused:confused:
thanks

The way to think of it is to consider what you are doing with x. You are replacing the x in the previous thing with a new value for x each time.

Eg- y=sinx
If you do a translate of -3 in the x direction you get y=sin(x+3).
If you then do a sketch parallel to the x axis scale factor 2 then you replace just the x with x/2 thus y=sin(x/2+3)

Or y=cosecx onto y=cosex(2x+30)
There's two ways but this is what i did:
Start with y=cosec x.
To get to cosec2x it's a translation (-30,0) (with the vector brackets)
That gives cosec(x+30)
Now to get x+30 with 2x+30 you replace x with x/(1/2) which makes a stretch parallel to the y axis scale factor of 1/2.
Reply 90
Original post by SaxoJack
If AQA follow OCR after todays F324 paper then we aren't in for much fun...

I agree I did OCR's F334 chemistry exam, and it was very hard. I am expecting the worst.
I gave up now, i know what i'm doing but making soo many silly mistakes missing the a* by a few marks. I need to get to bed soon and should be fine once I'm relaxed - i hope.

I did Edexcel 6CH04 - HORRIBLE PAPER lol

Original post by Tomasz
Hi, every paper has some tricky question I personally am going through the recent papers, if you want you can check the grade boundaries to see which one was a tough one.
Aqa has a website where you can convert raw marks to ums converter you can have a look at the grade boundries on there. Hope this helps. By the way did you OCR F334 chemistry paper?
Reply 92
Original post by Tomasz
I agree I did OCR's F334 chemistry exam, and it was very hard. I am expecting the worst.

How DARE they pull ozone on us again. I recon maths will be nicer...
Reply 93
Original post by harsh.boy365
I gave up now, i know what i'm doing but making soo many silly mistakes missing the a* by a few marks. I need to get to bed soon and should be fine once I'm relaxed - i hope.

I did Edexcel 6CH04 - HORRIBLE PAPER lol

Good night sleep before the exam is probably best. As to the little mistakes I know what you mean, I do too many of them :angry:. Anyway good luck for tomorrow everyone.
Reply 94
Hey guys, I keep missing out on the A* by a few marks in the past paper purely because of stupid mistakes. Would people recommend that I take the exam slowly or that I go fast and have lots of time to check over?
Original post by john821
Hey guys, I keep missing out on the A* by a few marks in the past paper purely because of stupid mistakes. Would people recommend that I take the exam slowly or that I go fast and have lots of time to check over?

I do this, I'd say go slowly and try and check as much as possible as you go along, even if it's just things like checking the number of significant figures it asks for or doing the integration on your calculator (if yours does that). That said, obviously don't go too slowly or you might not finish! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 96
Original post by furryface12
I do this, I'd say go slowly and try and check as much as possible as you go along, even if it's just things like checking the number of significant figures it asks for or doing the integration on your calculator (if yours does that). That said, obviously don't go too slowly or you might not finish! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm yeh I think I'll do this as I tend to finish my past papers within 50 minutes so I definitely have a bit of room to go slower.
Reply 97
Going to go to bed now and make sure I've got enough sleep good luck everyone.
Original post by john821
Hmm yeh I think I'll do this as I tend to finish my past papers within 50 minutes so I definitely have a bit of room to go slower.

Wow, that's quick! :eek: I think the most time I've ever had is about ten or fifteen minutes on a C3 paper :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I finish papers with 50mins to go, is this normal?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending