The Student Room Group
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Creative Writing at Winchester?

I have no idea if there's already a page for this somewhere on here, but are there any other people on here going to do Creative Writing at Winchester in 2014? Thought it might be best to see if I can get to know anyone in advance

Scroll to see replies

I got my unconditional offer through for creative writing today :biggrin:
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Reply 2
wow, well done! :biggrin: we were told that unconditional offers were pretty uncommon, how'd you manage that?
also, what do you think the classes are gonna be like?
I'll be 22 by the time September rolls around, so I've had my grades all ready for a few years :P
I'm not sure what they will be like, i'm just hoping they will be interesting! I know that all our units for first year are compulsory if you are doing a single honours instead of joint honours.
Reply 4
ah, fair enough then :biggrin: yeah, I've been looking them over, I think I'm quite looking forward to the scriptwriting module - should be interesting.
I'm really looking forward to the fictional writing. I can't wait
Reply 6
yeah, same. Not entirely sure how the poetry section's going to go. I didn't particularly like analysing it in class. But hey, should be an experience at least, maybe I'll enjoy writing it :biggrin:
Poetry has never been too much of my thing but I'm willing to give it a shot!
Reply 8
probably the best outlook to have! :smile: are you aiming towards a specific career, or are you doing it because you like the subject?
I really want to be a published author, but I also really like the subject, how about you? :smile:
Reply 10
I'm not entirely sure yet. I like the idea of being a published author, but lately I've really liked the idea of writing my own TV show :biggrin: hopefully I'll be able to learn the techniques for everything, and decide what best suits me later on
Ooh a TV show would be quite awesome to write! I think being a published author suits me better. If I ever sit down and finish something that is :tongue:
Reply 12
yeah, that's always been a problem for me, unfortunately :'D I'm really good at coming up with plot ideas, and I can plan out the entire thing in ridiculously intricate detail, but I always fall down when it comes to actually writing it :'D
Reply 13
Hopefully I will be, just have to ace the retakes and get the grades!
Reply 14
ah cool, best of luck for that! :biggrin: which subjects are you taking at the moment?
Reply 15
English lit, food tech, and fine art! Odd mix I know
Reply 16
ahaha, interesting selection :biggrin: though I'm doing pretty much the same subjects, except I'm taking psychology instead of fine art
Reply 17
Aw that's cool! How're you finding food tech because I'm retaking the exam after failing miserably
Reply 18
sorry, i typed that wrong, i'm taking psychology instead of *food tech :'D wow, i can't even proofread my own messages, i'm off to a great start
Reply 19
Ah in that case how's art going? (Am now triple checking the content of my own messages)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending